PDA

View Full Version : Use 10.7 Lion Promo Code for Mountain Lion Redemption

Macman756
Jul 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
So, I'm guessing after tomorrow Lion will be pulled from the App Store since a 10.6 Snow Leopard User can go straight to ML. I have an unused promo code for Lion. If I redeem this tomorrow will I get Mountain Lion? Thoughts? Thanks

adztaylor
Jul 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
I doubt it, probably make the code invalid.

alstrike
Jul 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
If the code is for a copy of Lion, then you will get Lion. I donīt think Apple will pull it from the App Store because there are a lot of Macs that can run Lion but cannot run ML.

FrancoisC
Jul 24, 2012, 05:18 PM
You could try and call apple about it. I mean they'll know if the code has been redeemed or not, and maybe you could ask them to invalidate it and give you a new one for montain lion?

Cost nothing to ask :D

AzN1337c0d3r
Jul 24, 2012, 11:47 PM
Apple isn't going to remove Lion. There's a lot of Macs that cannot run Mountain Lion.

Seth Mac Fan
Jul 24, 2012, 11:50 PM
I Agree the code is for Lion not mountain lion it will not work and you should not try to use it , pay the $19.99 .

alexreich
Jul 24, 2012, 11:50 PM
You'll get Lion. Apple won't take it down because there are machines that cannot run Mountain Lion, but can run Lion.

You could see if you could get special treatment and request a redemption code for Mountain Lion, but I doubt they'll give it to you.

Doesn't hurt to ask though...

Seth Mac Fan
Jul 24, 2012, 11:54 PM
You'll get Lion. Apple won't take it down because there are machines that cannot run Mountain Lion, but can run Lion.

You could see if you could get special treatment and request a redemption code for Mountain Lion, but I doubt they'll give it to you.

Doesn't hurt to ask though...

Not true apple can remove lion anytime they want , they will probably keep it on there for a while yet but eventually they will probably take it off . They do not care if you can not run mountain lion trust me .

Also just pay the $19.99 it is almost free to upgrade now .

Macman756
Jul 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
Already bought it. But Lion has been removed.