Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Well, after 'years' of looking at macs, I finally became a switcher. I've been using PCs for 15 years or so, and I've never been so excited about a computer purchase.

I picked up the stock config 12" iBook. Walked out of the Yorkdale Apple store with it on Friday. Very happy with the service I recieved there. They told me I qualify for educational discount as I homeschool our 3 kids, so I saved a bunch of cash to boot. :D

I've not done too much with it yet (cycle battery charge, etc), and installed office, but first impressions are pretty good. I'm very impressed with the look and feel. The ones in the store are usually trashed up a bit, but this thing is shiny and glossy, and just darn perrrty.

I also love the size. I was looking at 15" PBs, but with the new upgrades to iBooks, I went this route for now. Having it on my lap on the couch is just awesome. Much better then my Dell Inspiron 7500 that weighs 10lbs.

So, anyone thinking about getting this machine, I'm sure you will be impressed. Screen real estate does not bother me at all (and I thought it might). I usually run my desktop with 19" trinitron at 1600 x 1200, but I'm completely happy looking at this iBook screen.

So, I will have many posts to come. Lots of questions on the horizon. Thanks to all on this board for your help and insights. Very informative :)

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
hey hey!! congrats on your purchase! I to switched by buying a 12" iBook, although mine hasn't quite arrived to me yet heh. I think it'll be an excellent machine. Welcome to the boards to! :)

Jack

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Congradulations, you will love it. I love my PB and its only 867mhz, your iBook would smoke it lol. I also like the feel of a 12 'book on my lap...it actually fits!

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Congratulations on your new iBook. :)
And welcome to the Mac community, let as know what you think as you are getting more familiar with OSX Tiger.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Yes. I'd like to add to the spam ;) as well and congratulate you on your Mac purchase. With a post like yours, what the heck are we supposed to say? It will provide you with many, many wonderful years of enjoyable computing. Best wishes for the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.