PDA

View Full Version : Who else is pulling an all nighter tonight?

Pages : [1] 2

doc shivers
Jul 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
I have done all of the prep for my install of Mountain Lion, and all that is left is for that little link to pop up on the apple website. So who else is with me in pulling an all nighter in anticipation of this **** dropping? In the words of Tom Petty: the wait is the hardest part.

pdjudd
Jul 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
There is absolutely no reason to pull an all-nighter. It wonít be available until start of business Cupertino time. Most of us will be well in our day when ML is actually available to download. Apple doesnít do midnight releases.

lamonsas
Jul 24, 2012, 09:08 PM
I have done all of the prep for my install of Mountain Lion, and all that is left is for that little link to pop up on the apple website. So who else is with me in pulling an all nighter in anticipation of this **** dropping? In the words of Tom Petty: the wait is the hardest part.

huh? most people installed the gm 2 weeks ago :p

Seth Mac Fan
Jul 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
There is absolutely no reason to pull an all-nighter. It won’t be available until start of business Cupertino time. Most of us will be well in our day when ML is actually available to download. Apple doesn’t do midnight releases.

Agreed , It will not be released until sometime tomorrow not tonight or even early morning so there is no reason to stay up . Also you might be waiting a while to download it too because it will be in high demand the first couple days and the whole week .

In all fairness though there really is not much to be excited about in my opinion it is really not changing that much from lion .

This will probably be apple's last real os so enjoy it , we will probably be forced into a IOS style os next year or so .

SandboxGeneral
Jul 24, 2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not. I keep current Time Machine backups so if something goes wrong, I can restore to Lion easily. I'll be upgrading overtop of Lion just as I have done with every OS since Tiger.

bembol
Jul 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
Whether it comes out 2AM or 2PM I will be pulling an all nighter since I'm working nights Wednesday & Thursday.

jav6454
Jul 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
No thanks, I'll just update a week or two after the whole thing has died down and I see that there are no big bugs left.

TheGdog
Jul 24, 2012, 09:17 PM
Being that most of use here have jobs to go to in the morning, no thanks.;) Besides it will not be released until the next morning anyway. Get some sleep and download it in the morning.

doc shivers
Jul 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
I don't know how you guys can even think about sleeping knowing that this thing can drop any minute. Hell, I've been hitting the refresh button on the apple site like a madman in the hopes that they will release it in the UK time zone. At this point I'm embracing the fact that I am going to be up all night, I've already pounded 2 5 hour energies.

ivnj
Jul 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
Just until 12:01 AM.

Arkious
Jul 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
well here in the UK i am doing night shift 24th and 25th. so im up with you american folk awaiting mountain lion :-D. if it is released first thing in the morning, i will start downloading it before i leave for work. i have until 6pm local time/ 10am cupertino time to start downloading so i hope its released before then! If so then the following morning i can start installing and then begin to love Mountain Lion ^.^

pdjudd
Jul 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
I don't know how you guys can even think about sleeping knowing that this thing can drop any minute.

It can. But it wonít. There is absolutely no president for this whatsoever for apple to do this.

doc shivers
Jul 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
Have it your way folks, but remember, I will be one of the first ones banging that download link, and I'm going to hit it before the big rush comes about an hour later. I will have this thing, and be learning all of the little nuances of it while everyone who waited will be sitting there watching their download move at 1kb/s with their thumbs up their arses.

iThinkergoiMac
Jul 24, 2012, 09:31 PM
Agreed , It will not be released until sometime tomorrow not tonight or even early morning so there is no reason to stay up . Also you might be waiting a while to download it too because it will be in high demand the first couple days and the whole week .

Yes. Last year, when Lion was released, I checked the MAS around 5:45 AM EST, and no release. I don't expect this year to be any different.

However, I still downloaded at about my maximum possible speed on the day of release last year, which was around 2-3 MB/s. Apple did a phenomenal job keeping the servers going, I must say.

jav6454
Have it your way folks, but remember, I will be one of the first ones banging that download link, and I'm going to hit it before the big rush comes about an hour later. I will have this thing, and be learning all of the little nuances of it while everyone who waited will be sitting there watching their download move at 1kb/s with their thumbs up their arses.

Hey, two weeks later I'll have 5MB/s download. While you'll have to pray not many are online at that time and watch your download go from 1MB/s to 1KB/s

Seth Mac Fan

Who cares , there is no rush for me and nothing is going to be that different from lion to be honest you get very little but the price is good and worth it . But it is not something I got to have today or tomorrow or next week .

thekev
Jul 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
I don't know how you guys can even think about sleeping knowing that this thing can drop any minute. Hell, I've been hitting the refresh button on the apple site like a madman in the hopes that they will release it in the UK time zone. At this point I'm embracing the fact that I am going to be up all night, I've already pounded 2 5 hour energies.

Do you really get this hyped over a simple OS revision? How can this possibly create that kind of fixation? I'd rather grab it 2 months later when everything actually runs as intended.

Auzburner
Jul 24, 2012, 09:38 PM

I smell troll.

We're all excited to some level, but that feels a little mocking. * apologies if that's taken offensively.

iThinkergoiMac
Jul 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
I smell troll.

I smell 16 year-old geek. OP sounds almost exactly like me when I was that age...

xnickitynickx
Jul 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
I smell troll.

namecalling is not allowed on these forums. for once, a good discussion is up and someone has to say that. haters gonna hate i guess

Kashchei
Jul 24, 2012, 09:55 PM

I admire your enthusiasm, and if you do decide to pull an all-nighter, I hope you are the first to download ML. Good luck (you remind me of myself when I was much younger).

pdjudd
Jul 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Have it your way folks, but remember, I will be one of the first ones banging that download link, and I'm going to hit it before the big rush comes about an hour later.

Big deal. Last year I bought Lion on my old Macbook in about an hour at about 6:00 pm. Took about an hour and 15 minutes to download which isnít too bad given the size.

SumoHamster
Jul 24, 2012, 09:59 PM

I'll remember that after I download/install it and play with it for a day or so that life will be exactly as it was yesterday and today, just with a 10.8 showing up in About This Mac as opposed to 10.7.4.

btbrossard
Jul 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think Lion was available for download until mid-day here in the central time zone (US). I would imagine Mountain Lion will be the same way.

I'll stay up with you buddy (you can just ignore the fact that I work at night and need to be awake in any case).

I waited in line all night for the Xbox 360 launch in the cold - so staying up all night, at home, watching tv, and surfing the internet seems rather reasonable in that regard.

doc shivers
Jul 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
Guys, stop with the age comments. I celebrated my 33rd birthday a week ago. Age has nothing to do with the excitement that I have for this thing. I am just legit ready to get going and have this thing mastered so that I can put in some hard work for my company.

Ivangf2
Jul 24, 2012, 10:12 PM
I have bought in 14 july my new MBA but I haven't received it yet. I hope tomorrow i'll receive it.

I've got one question. Can i upgrade my brother's macbook with my free ML code that apple is going to send me? Or is it just for my new MBA?

SVT Amateur
Jul 24, 2012, 10:13 PM
At this point I'm embracing the fact that I am going to be up all night, I've already pounded 2 5 hour energies.

I lol'd. After reading this I had to make sure I wasn't browsing a World of Warcraft Expansion release day thread.

Aldaris
Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
I hear you. If it's like lion was it won't be out until late morning in the eastern US, maybe 8 or 9 pacific time. Don't kill yourself waiting till the wee hours.

I doubt they will get hit significantly on the server loads. This is not as big as an iOS launch.

mwhities
Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
I have a Comcast business account at home and I work at a datacenter. I'm going to set my clock for 1/2AM tomorrow morning and if it's not released yet, I'll wait until I get to work. I'll screen share (via VPN) to my MacMini at home and start the download once it's announced.

siurpeeman
Jul 24, 2012, 10:17 PM

do two 5 hour energies provide energy for 10 hours, or does it give you double the energy for those five hours?

btbrossard
Jul 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
do two 5 hour energies provide energy for 10 hours, or does it give you double the energy for those five hours?
I would have to go with double the energy for five hours. Followed shortly thereafter by drooling on the keyboard after passing out.

omgwut
Jul 24, 2012, 10:27 PM
Enjoy being a zombie tomorrow, OP

drummerdude1390
Jul 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
This will probably be apple's last real os so enjoy it , we will probably be forced into a IOS style os next year or so .

Yep! Im sure everyone will start coding, photoshopping, and all on ios next year /s

I mean really? I understand that they are taking ideas from each others OS, but they're not going to just say "all iOS" one day... Apple needs to make devices that the want to use!

Lvivske
Jul 24, 2012, 10:48 PM

for me it'd give me the energy of 2 for 1 hour

----------

Yep! Im sure everyone will start coding, photoshopping, and all on ios next year /s

I mean really? I understand that they are taking ideas from each others OS, but they're not going to just say "all iOS" one day... Apple needs to make devices that the want to use!

no dude, everything will be launchpad and appstore next year. EVERYTHING.

the rest of the OS will be gutted. i'm super serial.

LegitKid
Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
I have nothing better to do so Im gonna pull an all nighter too, but I doubt it will come out as soon as 12 hits or even in the morning. Right now it is 11:54 PM eastern time where I live

alexreich
Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
When Lion came out it was available before I left for work in the morning. Around 8 AM Central I started the download before leaving my house. I'm not sure exactly when they posted it but I do know that it was available by 8 AM last year.

ixodes
Jul 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
Wow what a nasty crowd tonight.

The OP expressed enthusiasm and nearly everyone bashes him/her.

And you wonder why there's "Apple Hate"?

If you act like fools you get treated as such.

TheGdog
Jul 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
When Lion came out it was available before I left for work in the morning. Around 8 AM Central I started the download before leaving my house. I'm not sure exactly when they posted it but I do know that it was available by 8 AM last year.

Yep, which is around 5am in California. Don't stay up all night, you will fall asleep by the time it actually comes out!:D

Aco Strkalj
Jul 24, 2012, 11:12 PM
I bet their bandwidth will be completely maxed out from folks downloading.

Apple needs to start spending more of its billions on bandwidth.

I hope for a midnight release. I want something new from Apple. It's taking way too long to get something new. I don't like to wait.

jav6454
Jul 24, 2012, 11:14 PM

Apple needs to start spending more of its billions on bandwidth.

I hope for a midnight release. I want something new from Apple. It's taking way too long to get something new. I don't like to wait.

Billions of dollars for just a one night download event? Yeah... sounds reasonable.

bdelay
Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Well midnight has come and gone (est)...no MLion :(

Does anyone remember what time of day Lion launched last year?

markrox7
Jul 24, 2012, 11:17 PM
Lion was released early in the morning, and ML will also probably be released in the morning, so staying up all night won't do you much good. Better to just get some sleep and wake up early.

Seth Mac Fan
Jul 24, 2012, 11:32 PM

I am not saying it will be completely like IOS but it will be very similar though and you can allready see it happening with the mac app store and the ios apps moving to the mac , probably not in a year though . But by 2015 I am pretty sure apple will be out of the traditional computer business , but it is just the way the world is moving now but I need a desktop not a tablet interface that's just my opinion I could be wrong though it is only my opinion remember that . I am a big apple and Mac fan but I can not stand using IOS devices or tablets . I am not the only person that beleives this either just listen to macbreak weekly or many other podcasts or professionals in the mac community .

They have not even updated the Mac Pro since like 2010 so obviously apple does not really care for professionals as much as they used too . They are focused on IOS but even IOS is falling behind of android right now and IOS 6 still looks like it is behind android . I am a apple fan as much as anybody on here but not so much a IOS fan but I do like ipods . Still Mountain Lion looks cool for what it is a couple of new things but not really a big upgrade in my opinion .

alexreich
Jul 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
I am not saying it will be completely like IOS but it will be very similar though and you can allready see it happening with the mac app store and the ios apps moving to the mac , probably not in a year though . But by 2015 I am pretty sure apple will be out of the traditional computer business , but it is just the way the world is moving now but I need a desktop not a tablet interface that's just my opinion I could be wrong though it is only my opinion remember that . I am a big apple and Mac fan but I can not stand using IOS devices or tablets . I am not the only person that beleives this either just listen to macbreak weekly or many other podcasts or professionals in the mac community .

They have not even updated the Mac Pro parts since like 2010 .

This is just a ridiculous statement. Ever since Lion released you guys went into Doomsday mode about Macintosh Computers. Chill the **** out people. Both iOS and OS X are great Operating Systems but they are both for their respective devices. iOS runs on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or AppleTV. Mac OS X, and future releases will run on Macintoshes.

There is no merger between the two in the foreseeable future. There is no reason for Apple to 'get out of the computer business' either. That's pure ****. Macs are booming right now, one half of Mac purchases are new customers according to the Q3 call.

Macs aren't going anywhere. Chill out.

Also, the Mac Pros were actually revised this year. Though it was a minor revision, it was a CPU change because Intel is no longer producing CPUs that were previously used. And why would Apple revise the Mac Pro line if there is still no 'Hackintosh' or PC that can beat it for the price? The 12-core Mac Pro isn't even in a danger zone for competition. Plenty of power. When others start catching up to the 6-core, 8-core, 12-core, whatever-you-want-core, then Apple should revise the Mac Pro.

pdjudd
Jul 24, 2012, 11:42 PM

Apple needs to start spending more of its billions on bandwidth..
For the (I lost count on the number of times) - Apple does not distribute the OS themselves. They utilize a CDN named Akaimi to distribute the load throughout the world. They do not run out of bandwidth. They pay based on how much gets used.

kodeman53
Jul 25, 2012, 03:09 AM
Guys, stop with the age comments. I celebrated my 33rd birthday a week ago.
This makes this thread even sadder.

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 03:12 AM
Cupertino time works well for me, so it's not an all nighter, but I'm waiting until the servers are not so heavily populated before I start.

EmpyreanUK
Jul 25, 2012, 03:14 AM
I'm not pulling an all-nighter for the release of Mountain Lion because IT IS AN UPDATE TO A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 03:15 AM
This is just a ridiculous statement. Ever since Lion released you guys went into Doomsday mode about Macintosh Computers. Chill the **** out people. Both iOS and OS X are great Operating Systems but they are both for their respective devices. iOS runs on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or AppleTV. Mac OS X, and future releases will run on Macintoshes.

There is no merger between the two in the foreseeable future. There is no reason for Apple to 'get out of the computer business' either. That's pure ****. Macs are booming right now, one half of Mac purchases are new customers according to the Q3 call.

Macs aren't going anywhere. Chill out.

Also, the Mac Pros were actually revised this year. Though it was a minor revision, it was a CPU change because Intel is no longer producing CPUs that were previously used. And why would Apple revise the Mac Pro line if there is still no 'Hackintosh' or PC that can beat it for the price? The 12-core Mac Pro isn't even in a danger zone for competition. Plenty of power. When others start catching up to the 6-core, 8-core, 12-core, whatever-you-want-core, then Apple should revise the Mac Pro.

Apple are so clever : )

Stooby Mcdoobie
Jul 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
I am, but not to download ML.

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
Pulling an all nighter just for an OS release? And not even a major one, at that? Sounds like some have pretty uneventful lives! :rolleyes:

rick3000
Jul 25, 2012, 03:18 AM
I was considering an all nighter, but I get up early anyway. In my experience, you're better off reading Waiting for Godot, than actually waiting...

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 03:19 AM
I'm not pulling an all-nighter for the release of Mountain Lion because IT IS AN UPDATE TO A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM.

But dude, it's released today, that comment is worthless now.

There are a lot more changes between Lion to ML than there were SL to Lion, yet I'm guessing you still got Lion.

Sure, all those people who say the changes between Mac OS X's are no where near as significant as the changes between the Windows OS's, compare the price difference-
Windows 7- $100
Mountain Lion- $20

The price fully justifies the changes, in my opinion.

NotAdvisable
Jul 25, 2012, 03:21 AM
Three or Four hours to go...

PaulKemp
Jul 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Windows 7- $100
Mountain Lion- $20

Just so it's said:

Windows 8 update = 40$ (3 year lifecycle)
Mountain Lion = 20$ (1 year lifecycle)

So from now on Windows is actually cheaper. Only 13$ per year! Eat it fanboys!

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 03:24 AM

There are a lot more changes between Lion to ML than there were SL to Lion, yet I'm guessing you still got Lion.
The point is, it's not worth losing sleep over. It won't make any difference in people's lives if they install it tonight or tomorrow or next week. It's just software. It's not a life-changing event.

tkermit
Jul 25, 2012, 03:30 AM
The point is, it's not worth losing sleep over. It won't make any difference in people's lives if they install it tonight or tomorrow or next week. It's just software. It's not a life-changing event.

So what if some people are excited about it? To each their own. Just let them be... :)

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 03:32 AM
So what if some people are excited about it? To each their own. Just let them be... :)
So what if some people are not excited about it? To each their own. Just let them be... :)

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 03:34 AM
So what if some people are not excited about it? To each their own. Just let them be... :)

Are you sticking with SL? I kind of miss it, but I'm a compulsive upgrader, Still have my SL disks though...:)

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 03:35 AM
Are you sticking with SL? I kind of miss it, but I'm a compulsive upgrader, Still have my SL disks though...:)
Yep. Neither Lion nor ML has anything I need or want that I don't already have. I suppose I'll be forced to upgrade eventually, but it won't be just for the sake of upgrading.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 03:39 AM
Just so it's said:

Windows 8 update = 40$ (3 year lifecycle)
Mountain Lion = 20$ (1 year lifecycle)

How do you know it's a 1 year lifecycle? SL took 2 years to move to Lion.

Let's be honest, Windows is disgusting, period.

----------

Yep. Neither Lion nor ML has anything I need or want that I don't already have. I suppose I'll be forced to upgrade eventually, but it won't be just for the sake of upgrading.

I'm not really interested in the new things, I really am upgrading for the sake of upgrading.

Stooby Mcdoobie
Jul 25, 2012, 03:40 AM

Let's not start that.

ixodes
Jul 25, 2012, 03:41 AM
I'm in the _not_ excited camp.

Skipped Lion & survived

Skipping ML? quiet possibly

If it "ain't broke don't fix it" ?

SL 10.6.8 continues to perform flawlessly & oh so fast

Combined with my well proven Samsung 830 series 512GB SSD's

Why disturb a good thing when I can spend my time USING them :)

garethjs
Jul 25, 2012, 03:42 AM
Just so it's said:

Which one? The entry level win 8 I suppose. How much is the ultimate?!?

tkermit
Jul 25, 2012, 03:43 AM
So what if some people are not excited about it?
Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see why you would feel the need to mock or feel superior to people who are...

Pesonally, I'm excited for the Siracusa review... :)

kingoftherolex
Jul 25, 2012, 03:43 AM
nearly 5 am here and still nothing. but i know that if I sleep now, it'll come out soon so I'll just take one for the team :p

ZacNicholson
Jul 25, 2012, 03:46 AM
i was pulling an all nighter, but not for ML. it was for an all night ******* fest. i got the GM when it came out.

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 03:46 AM
Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see why you would feel the need to mock or feel superior to people who are...
I don't feel superior. Like everyone else who posted in this thread, I stated my opinion, which is just as valid as anyone else's. I don't have to refrain from posting just because I may have a different point of view than some others in the thread. You didn't see me telling anyone else not to post or telling them to "let them be".

ixodes
Jul 25, 2012, 03:47 AM

Yes let's.

Your hate is showing. I find Windows a great choice for second place just behind SL.

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 03:49 AM
Well its 4:46 AM Eastern Time Here and still no update but Im being patient. Im doing other things that Im doing so Im not always thinking about mountain lion.

quietstormSD
Jul 25, 2012, 03:54 AM
I dunno if I could stay up any longer, it's about 2am here in California........zzzzzzzz.... no wait, I'm up!

kingoftherolex
Jul 25, 2012, 03:58 AM
Well its 4:46 AM Eastern Time Here and still no update but Im being patient. Im doing other things that Im doing so Im not always thinking about mountain lion.

pretty much this. I highly doubt any of us have stayed up just refreshing the update page. so again, no need for some people to make it seem so ridiculous to still be up for this as it is just an added bonus to doing some of this other stuff.

btbrossard
Jul 25, 2012, 04:00 AM
How do you know it's a 1 year lifecycle? SL took 2 years to move to Lion.

Oh, not this ***** again!

And the 1 year cycle was mentioned by Apple as the standard for new OS upgrades.

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 04:02 AM

:) Dragged kicking and screaming to the future...:D I actually prefer SL to Lion, but with 2 i-devces I'm curious to see how far down the integration path they've gone this time. My revised plan is to upgrade one Mac....Probably my MBA, and leave it a couple of days to see how things are. I have no plans, however to go all retro and re-install SL...Like you say, eventually you are going to have to do it. Maybe it's time for a nice shiny new Mac too?:D

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 04:03 AM
For those saying that Lion is quite slow and SL was much faster and snappier, I found this thread quite useful- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1328921

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 04:09 AM
:) Dragged kicking and screaming to the future...:D
"Leading edge" is fine. "Bleeding edge"... I'll pass! I prefer to sit back and let early adopters be the guinea pigs, discovering any bugs, incompatibilities, etc. By the time I upgrade, hopefully several updates will have been released and 3rd party apps will have caught up.
I actually prefer SL to Lion, but with 2 i-devces I'm curious to see how far down the integration path they've gone this time.
I can't think of any iDevice integration I need beyond what's already available in SL.
Maybe it's time for a nice shiny new Mac too?:D
Not for me, just yet. If I were forced to buy a new one, it would be a 15" hi-res anti-glare, but I'm in no hurry. Mine still does all I need it to do.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 04:11 AM
pretty much this. I highly doubt any of us have stayed up just refreshing the update page. so again, no need for some people to make it seem so ridiculous to still be up for this as it is just an added bonus to doing some of this other stuff.

Speak for yourself!

I kid, Apple are too classy for midnight launches

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 04:15 AM
"Leading edge" is fine. "Bleeding edge"... I'll pass! I prefer to sit back and let early adopters be the guinea pigs, discovering any bugs, incompatibilities, etc. By the time I upgrade, hopefully several updates will have been released and 3rd party apps will have caught up.

I can't think of any iDevice integration I need beyond what's already available in SL.

Not for me, just yet. If I were forced to buy a new one, it would be a 15" hi-res anti-glare, but I'm in no hurry. Mine still does all I need it to do.

Oh well..."Oink" if Guinea Pigs do "Oink"...:D

Perhaps you'd buy my 27" iMac next year when I buy a Pro?:)

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 04:21 AM
Oh well..."Oink" if Guinea Pigs do "Oink"...:D

Perhaps you'd buy my 27" iMac next year when I buy a Pro?:)
I haven't bought a desktop computer for myself in at least 15 years. I prefer the portability of notebooks.

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 04:24 AM
I haven't bought a desktop computer for myself in at least 15 years. I prefer the portability of notebooks.

Shucks, I'm not selling my MBP 17"...Oh well, the Pro refresh has got to have T/Bolt or it'll be another iMac....without it the Pro would be of little use to me from a storage point of view since I have the R4.

ixodes
Jul 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
"Leading edge" is fine. "Bleeding edge"... I'll pass!
I'd appreciate knowing what version of OS X you're running. Do you use the Mac App Store ?

What iDevices & version of iOS do you prefer?

Your contributions here are very significant, and have helped a great number of users. Kudos for all you've given back. :)

btbrossard
Jul 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
I'd appreciate knowing what version of OS X you're running. Do you use the Mac App Store ?
The user states they use Snow Leopard. The Mac App store would be available in Snow Leopard if they want to use it.

I also use Snow Leopard at work - but it's not really an option to upgrade as we use apps that don't work with Lion on occasion.

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 04:34 AM
Shucks, I'm not selling my MBP 17"...Oh well, the Pro refresh has got to have T/Bolt or it'll be another iMac....without it the Pro would be of little use to me from a storage point of view since I have the R4.
That's another example of "bleeding edge" I've avoided: the whole Thunderbolt issue. While others are waiting on the Tb to Firewire adapter, I'm still using FW 800 for my external drives, without a hitch. By the time I decide to get a new MBP, the adapters will be out, and hopefully, more Tb devices will be available.
I'd appreciate knowing what version of OS X you're running.
Until a few months ago, I was running Leopard on my MBP. Now I'm on SL.
Do you use the Mac App Store ?
Never.
What iDevices & version of iOS do you prefer?
iPhone 4 on IOS 5.1.1, non-jailbroken.

EmpyreanUK
Jul 25, 2012, 04:46 AM

Sure, all those people who say the changes between Mac OS X's are no where near as significant as the changes between the Windows OS's, compare the price difference-
Windows 7- $100
Mountain Lion- $20

The price fully justifies the changes, in my opinion.
Well if, hypothetically speaking, Mountain Lion were being released tomorrow, I still would not pull an all-nighter in order to download it. The reason? IT IS AN UPDATE FOR A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM!

If you have nothing better to do than sit up all night waiting to download AN UPDATE FOR A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM(!), I would seriously suggest that you undertake a thorough assessment of yourself and the life you are leading before you go around decreeing what other things are 'worthless'.

It will still be there tomorrow ;)

btbrossard
Jul 25, 2012, 04:48 AM
I thought there was a limited edition pre-order bonus version?

Snap! I was up all night for nothing.

Macman45
Jul 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
That's another example of "bleeding edge" I've avoided: the whole Thunderbolt issue. While others are waiting on the Tb to Firewire adapter, I'm still using FW 800 for my external drives, without a hitch. By the time I decide to get a new MBP, the adapters will be out, and hopefully, more Tb devices will be available.

Never.

No Apps? 5.1.1? our major forum helper is living in the dark ages!:eek:

There is something to be said for the age old adage " if it aint broken, don't fix it" though..:)

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 04:52 AM
Its almost 6am eastern here and Im assuming the update will occur in a couple of hours. I wouldn't mind it coming out in the afternoon since I will probably be sleeping by then

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 04:53 AM
No Apps? 5.1.1? our major forum helper is living in the dark ages!:eek:
I have plenty of apps. I just didn't get them from the Mac App Store. And 5.1.1 is the most current IOS version available, barring beta versions. So perhaps I'm only in the "slightly-shadowed" ages. :D

PaulKemp
Jul 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
So you guys pulling a all nighter, where are you actually looking for the update? Just in the App Store?

Are you getting sleepy yet? It's noon here in Norway btw.

Trebuin
Jul 25, 2012, 05:01 AM
I'm pulling an all day. Tried looking in the app store here in Afghanistan with no joy. It'll probably be released at 8am Pacific time. It's going to take me a very, very, very long time to download this thing.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 05:02 AM
It's 5AM in Central America and there's still nothing.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 05:04 AM
I just woke up and checked the App Store (its 6 AM here in Florida) and I've got nothing. Seeing that Lion was release around 5-5:30 am PDT, I won't be surprised seeing ML around 8 AM my time.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 05:06 AM
Well if, hypothetically speaking, Mountain Lion were being released tomorrow, I still would not pull an all-nighter in order to download it. The reason? IT IS AN UPDATE FOR A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM!

If you have nothing better to do than sit up all night waiting to download AN UPDATE FOR A COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM(!), I would seriously suggest that you undertake a thorough assessment of yourself and the life you are leading before you go around decreeing what other things are 'worthless'.

Dude... I wasn't hating, nor was I saying I was staying up all night, considering Apple have never and will never release software at night.

I was saying that it's the day it's released, yet you say you aren't going to stay up... you know, forget it, this is pointless.

Silono
Jul 25, 2012, 05:09 AM
Holy crap, CGJ is active tonight!

D-a-a-n
Jul 25, 2012, 05:11 AM
I have nothing better to do so Im gonna pull an all nighter too, but I doubt it will come out as soon as 12 hits or even in the morning. Right now it is 11:54 PM eastern time where I live
Sounds like LegitKid is, indeed, a legit kid!

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
Holy crap, CGJ is active tonight!
If by "CGJ" you mean "GGJ", what's unusual about that? I'm active many nights... and days. If you don't mean "GGJ", then what is "CGJ"?

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 05:14 AM
If you don't mean "GGJ", then what is "CGJ"?

For some reason that was highly amusing. Hahaha. :)

Silono
Jul 25, 2012, 05:14 AM
If by "CGJ" you mean "GGJ", what's unusual about that? I'm active many nights... and days. If you don't mean "GGJ", then what is "CGJ"?

I could have sworn it was CGJ, my bad. :)

GGJstudios
Jul 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
I could have sworn it was CGJ, my bad. :)
No prob. Just didn't know for sure if there was a new acronym I hadn't learned yet! :D
For some reason that was highly amusing. Hahaha. :)
It's late... you're probably just tired! :D

bananafranco
Jul 25, 2012, 05:21 AM
I'm pulling an all-nooner and hope it arrives in time to download here at work.

By the way, it's already the 26th in Tokelau. :p

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 05:26 AM
Sounds like LegitKid is, indeed, a legit kid!

Yep. Im a 16-year old kid (about to turn 17) who pulls all nighters every day cus I have nothing better to do with my nightlife.

EmpyreanUK
Jul 25, 2012, 05:37 AM
Dude... I wasn't hating, nor was I saying I was staying up all night, considering Apple have never and will never release software at night.

I was saying that it's the day it's released, yet you say you aren't going to stay up... you know, forget it, this is pointless.
No, you're right, it is pointless. Besides, I'm too busy refreshing the Mac App Store to participate in any senseless debate/argument.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 05:53 AM
It should be any minute now, right?

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 05:56 AM

Hope so. In about 5 minutes it'll be 6 AM Central, and an hour after that it's coffee time. Hahaha. The things we do to get releases ASAP.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 05:56 AM

If its 7 AM EST then yeah...it should be in 4 minutes...if its gonna be 8 AM...well we wait one more hour :D

Watabou
Jul 25, 2012, 05:58 AM

No. It's 3:55AM (PST) here and that's the time Apple generally goes by. Give it 5-6 more hours. ;)

Personally, I'm looking forward to reading John Siracusa's lengthy review. I already have ML but it's always entertaining to read what he thinks.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
I've literally watched South Park all night via SouthparkStudios.com on my Mac mini waiting for this release. I'm actually fully caught up and now can say I've seen every episode EVER.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 06:00 AM
1 minute *fingers crossed*

----------

No. It's 3:55AM (PST) here and that's the time Apple generally goes by. Give it 5-6 more hours. ;)

Personally, I'm looking forward to reading John Siracusa's lengthy review. I already have ML but it's always entertaining to read what he thinks.

Yup, I feared that.

They should really run on GMT +0 time

adztaylor
Jul 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
1 minute *fingers crossed*

----------

Yup, I feared that.

They should really run on GMT +0 time

I'm guessing 1pm-2pm UK time.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
Last year it was 5-5:30 AM PDT when Lion was released. So just one more hour then.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:04 AM
Last year it was 5-5:30 AM PDT when Lion was released. So just one more hour then.

I may have to start on the coffee early. I'm getting ****in' tired.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
I may have to start on the coffee early. I'm getting ****in' tired.

I slept and I just woke up like a hour back. And I also...Im getting hungry myself lol

Alfy
Jul 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
Well, it's 9:06pm here in Canberra, Australia on the 25th of July. Fail on all parts.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 06:08 AM
Also...I keep seeing those damn Team Umizoomi in the front cover of the App Store...Im waiting for it to change to a MANLY Mountain Lion D:<

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 06:08 AM
I just realised I haven't eaten for 4 hours now :|

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:09 AM
I think I'll go for a run and casually check MR as I go. If I see anything I'll REALLY run home. :rolleyes:

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 06:10 AM
I just realised I haven't eaten for 4 hours now :|

Its worst for me...I've been watching the news and they did a segment on the new Wawa stores in Florida....now Im craving coffee and a sub.

garethjs
Jul 25, 2012, 06:14 AM
Well, it's 9:06pm here in Canberra, Australia on the 25th of July. Fail on all parts.

10.30pm. Slightly over an hr. Relax.

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 06:28 AM
I don't think I can stay awake for an hour. Im getting real sleepy here.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:30 AM
I don't think I can stay awake for an hour. Im getting real sleepy here.

That's why I'm jogging. Haha. There's no reason to stay up all night, and then fall asleep when it releases. Might as well get up and do something and stay awake for the rest of the day.

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 06:33 AM
That's why I'm jogging. Haha. There's no reason to stay up all night, and then fall asleep when it releases. Might as well get up and do something and stay awake for the rest of the day.

Yeah I just got sleepy out of nowhere. Im just gonna go take a walk outside then.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 06:37 AM
Is it likely it will crash due to high demand?

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
I'm so glad I pulled an all-nighter sleeping! Just woke up for work and I'll install it while working from home today. :-). Sorry to all of you who waiting all night for the release. Lol

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:46 AM
I'm so glad I pulled an all-nighter sleeping! Just woke up for work and I'll install it while working from home today. :-). Sorry to all of you who waiting all night for the release. Lol

Hahaha. The excitement got the best of me. Last year I did what you're going to do but this year I just would not go to sleep. Haha

----------

Is it likely it will crash due to high demand?

I'm not sure how they take care of it, but I read about it sometime in the middle of the night. They host it in multiple places so they won't have the bandwidth issues we all expect.

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hahaha. The excitement got the best of me. Last year I did what you're going to do but this year I just would not go to sleep. Haha

Yep. I've experienced that before. When the iPhone 4 came out I was working a job with awful schedules. I worked from 2pm until midnight, went home to eat and shower, went to the Apple store, finally left at about 1pm (because att's servers crashed), and then went straight to work until midnight again! :-(. It was pretty awful!

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 06:49 AM

----------

I'm not sure how they take care of it, but I read about it sometime in the middle of the night. They host it in multiple places so they won't have the bandwidth issues we all expect.

Good ol' Apple, as I said before, they're too classy for problems like that which affect other companies.
I hope it does go down, after I get it, though :P ... first world problems...

Faux Carnival
Jul 25, 2012, 06:53 AM
You have to be joking, right?

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:56 AM
So, 5 minutes right? :D

I actually would not be affected if I had to wait another hour now lol. I've faced that I'll be awake for the rest of the day and go to bed at night so I can stay on schedule.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
I hope it's another 3 minutes *fingers crossed for second time*

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 06:58 AM
-heartpulse- Bum Bum. Bum Bum. Bum Bum.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 06:58 AM
Coffee's ready now. Haha. The brewer just went off...

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 06:59 AM
You have to be joking, right?

If you're talking about people pulling all nighters - no. What's it matter anyways? Everyone has something they dedicate time and money into. For some it is cars, others music, some people clothing. A friend of mine spends a ton of time
and money on furniture (that she truly doesn't need). Myself and many on this forum spend our time and money on electronics.

If I want to buy a $1500 TV, I remember that my brother spent $5000 on a turbo for his car - and then I buy my TV with a smile. When I wanted to buy a new iMac, I opted for the souped-up 27" model because I enjoy spending my money there. When I was thinking about buying a media extender for my TV, I stayed up for hours and hours researching the differences between appletv, roku, and the others.

I'm sure there is something stupid you stay up all night doing, other than masterb*ting. Lol

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 07:00 AM
so its 8am eastern here and hopefully mountain lion will release any time now. Hopefully we don't have to wait another hour. Hopefully before 9.

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:00 AM
so its 8am eastern here and hopefully mountain lion will release any time now. Hopefully we don't have to wait another hour. Hopefully before 9.

It should be any minute now.

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:01 AM
Looks like we'll be waiting another hour.... And LOL to the post above me. Hahaha. I have a feeling 8 AM will be the time. It was ready to download for me at 8 AM last year. Though earlier is always nice too. :)

saleemyas3
Jul 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
Looks like we'll be waiting another hour.... And LOL to the post above me. Hahaha. I have a feeling 8 AM will be the time. It was ready to download for me at 8 AM last year. Though earlier is always nice too. :)

it was 5:30 Pacific time last year, so 30 min.

bruinsrme

While you were waiting on banging a link, I was banging on my sweetie.
Vacation sex trumps any download.

alexreich
it was 5:30 Pacific time last year, so 30 min.

Hopefully...

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
Also...keep your eye on the Apple Online Store...if it goes down, that means Mountain Lion may be coming. So far...nothing but its always wise to keep an eye out.

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 07:06 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083058509.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Ahh New York Speed lol

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
Image (http://www.speedtest.net)
Ahh New York Speed lol

Haha. I get half of that. 10Mb down and 1Mb up. Best plan available where I am. I'll have to move further into the city and get U-verse or Fios. My uncle gets 24Mb down and 7Mb up.

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
Ahh New York Speed lol

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083067734.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Ahhh Atlanta dedicated internet connection speeds. HAHA Sorry, I had to! :(

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
Come on ML....MY MAC IS READY TO ACCEPT YOUR MOUNTAIN LIONNESS

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:12 AM

Holy $#*t!

PaulKemp
Jul 25, 2012, 07:14 AM
Ahh, sweet scandinavian fiber...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083070165.png

alexreich
Apple's OS X site still says available in July. They could have at least added the date they announced yesterday. Haha.

I have horrible Internet services in comparison to you guys. Haha.

LegitKid

Damn thats fast

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:15 AM
.....Idk if its good or bad....but judging by the low numbers compared to you guys...its bad

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083071382.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

alexreich
.....Idk if its good or bad....but judging by the low numbers compared to you guys...its bad

That's like exactly what I get.

garethjs
Apple's OS X site still says available in July. They could have at least added the date they announced yesterday. Haha.

I have horrible Internet services in comparison to you guys. Haha.

Tomorrow it will show available "now"

saleemyas3
Jul 25, 2012, 07:16 AM
ahh AT&T Uverse... :(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083070923.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 07:16 AM

I'd rather be in Florida than New York even though my internet is a bit faster

bugout
Jul 25, 2012, 07:17 AM
I miss those US upload speeds :(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083075674.png

p.s. I'm in Brazil now :(

macfan46
Jul 25, 2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083077286.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Meh....

iSimpsons
Jul 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083077767.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Lol. You guys are lucky. In our street we have a maximum of 25 download, hopefully I'll be changing ISP's!

suresh31
Jul 25, 2012, 07:20 AM
PA speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083080306.png

AlexBass
While you were waiting on banging a link, I was banging on my sweetie.
Vacation sex trumps any download.

Dude, if this download came before you had finished, you'd be sorry...

LegitKid
I like the international speed tests you guys are posting. Some are really high and some are a bit low

bugout
Ok, tried a different server.. that's a little better.. I'm paying for 100 so It's a little better :)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083081374.png

dmunkey
Jul 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
How's that all nighter treating you at 1:30pm UK time? I dont see this coming out 1 minute before 11AM cupertino time.

Tom2893
Jul 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
You are all lucky..

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 07:23 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083083962.png

Mine is pretty average, should be upgrading to Virgin Media 100Mb Broadband soon, though

Edit: Average London speeds :P

saleemyas3
Jul 25, 2012, 07:24 AM
How's that all nighter treating you at 1:30pm UK time? I dont see this coming out 1 minute before 11AM cupertino time.

Last year it was 5:30AM Cupertino time, i.e. in 7 minutes.

----------

Can't wait for Gigabit internet to become more popular

Erulezz
Jul 25, 2012, 07:26 AM
Here we go i guess. Store is not working for me.

WhackyNinja
5 more minutes....

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

START, YOUR, MAC APP STORES AND PREPARE TO PRESS CMD+R

iMarvin
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083089167.png

Just chilling behind my anonymous vpn. :rolleyes:

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:27 AM
5 more minutes....

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

START, YOUR, MAC APP STORES AND PREPARE TO PRESS CMD+R

Hahaha, funny that you say that. I was doing that earlier. Command+R over and over and over. Ha.

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 07:28 AM
Image (http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083089167.png)

Just chilling behind my anonymous vpn. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, Scandinavia, home of the worlds fastest internet speeds : )

----------

2... more... minutes...

Third time lucky...

zone23
Jul 25, 2012, 07:28 AM
Well glad I didn't pull an all-nighter so far I got nothing.. waiting see what happens..

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 07:29 AM
Got my ethernet plugged in for even better speeds :)

WhackyNinja
Here we go...

T-Minus 1 minute til launch.

LegitKid
Well 1 more minute till 8:30 eastern and still no ML? I guess Im gonna wait another 30 minutes

iSimpsons
I actually thought it was going to be released 30 mins ago, oh welL. 1 MORE MINUTE LEFT!

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
8:30!

AlexBass
anyone got anything? :(

SOLLERBOY
Nothing here (UK).

joelovesapple
Jul 25, 2012, 07:31 AM
Nope.

WhackyNinja
Nada....

cambookpro
Preparing for another 30 mins...

AlexBass
...those bastards...

iSimpsons
That sucks. 30 more minutes anyone?

iMarvin
nothing, bet the apple employees are sitting laughing at us. :D

s.horsfield
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083097790.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
http://www.pingtest.net/result/66935285.png (http://www.pingtest.net)

Not to shabby for a country of 4 million

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 07:32 AM
I created this because I thought it was appropriate for the day, when the servers go down and all. HAHA

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:33 AM
Im still seeing Team Umizoomi.....in the App Store...

DAMNIT! D:<

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:33 AM
Let's see if my prediction was right... 30 more minutes until we all spaz out again. Just plugged into my Ethernet as well for best download speed possible. Getting cup of coffee #3... now.

saleemyas3
Jul 25, 2012, 07:34 AM
What country is this?

http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/os-x-mountain-lion/id537386512?mt=12

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:34 AM
I created this because I thought it was appropriate for the day, when the servers go down and all. HAHA

Nice! Needed a laugh, :)

alanplum
Jul 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
My money is on 2pm GMT.

saleemyas3
Here ya go!

im waiting for the up-to-date upgrade

http://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-mountain-lion/id537386512?mt=12

Erulezz
What country is this?

Germany.

alexreich
What country is this?

Da faq!? It's up in other countries right now, but not US?

saleemyas3
Jul 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
Da faq!? It's up in other countries right now, but not US?

take out the "de" from the link.

WhackyNinja
7:00 AM EST
Me: -sitting- HIT RELOAD!
8:00 AM EST
Me: -sitting- HIT RELOAD HIT RELOAD! ...nada
8:30 AM EST
Me: -reloads- :D .....nada

Arkious
What country is this?

Nice one! but unfortunately i get We could not complete your request :-(

iMarvin
wo i can download :D

KJmoon117
what country is this?

it teases me!!!

PaulKemp
What country is this?

De= deuchland. Germany.

stevemiller
Ahh, what a nice sleep that was.

saleemyas3
Nice one! but unfortunately i get We could not complete your request :-(

Take out "de" from the link for the US version

rangen
i followed that link (German one) in The UK, and it's letting me download it!

AlexBass
What country is this?

Germany, WOAH, WE CAN GET IT!!!

WhackyNinja
Jul 25, 2012, 07:37 AM
Its out

saleemyas3
US LINK

im waiting for the up-to-date upgrade

http://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-mou...37386512?mt=12

Sace
It's there, i am downloading right now (Denmark).

Go to apple apps, and tadaaa ;)

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Anyone else getting an error?

PaulKemp
Out

rangen
screen shot

phillies262834
Its Here!!!!

WhackyNinja
...here ya go

alexreich
You really had me going there. I typed my password, and got the could not complete request error. Damn. I was all excited too...

SOLLERBOY
Jul 25, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'm in the Uk and can see it in the US store by changing region, there is a big banner across the top.

zone23
Its up yay!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-mountain-lion/id537386512?ls=1&mt=12

SOLLERBOY
It's not here :(.

monaarts
Meh. Servers already down??

Arkious
guys its still only 5:39am in Cupertino, surely it won't be live until around 8am?

EDIT

Never mind, i see u american folk already have access lol

iSimpsons
screen shot

I'm on that page, and it says the item is temporarily unavailable! URGH!

staccato83
Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 AM
Error!

alexreich
Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 AM
It's up in the US store, but still getting error when attempting download!

EDIT: Still getting error.

hankdesign
Jul 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
If you bought a new MAc from amazon do you still qualify for the free upgrade?!

Ta all.

LegitKid
Jul 25, 2012, 07:42 AM
it's released but sadly most of us can't download it cus of this error

zone23
guys its still only 5:39am in Cupertino, surely it won't be live until around 8am?

EDIT

Never mind, i see u american folk already have access lol

Its 8:41am were i'm at. Its up now just can't get it yet..

SOLLERBOY
Only way to find it in the UK is to select an apple app and follow the links to more apple apps. It's in there but is showing an error when trying to download.

phillies262834
The up to date program page is up but all of the links are broken

stegger
Jul 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
Here in Denmark it is downloading just fine :)

iSimpsons
Still error in the UK. Can you guys in the US download it?

LegitKid
Whoever has a mid-2012 macbook, here is the link to get the free upgrade if you need it: http://www.apple.com/osx/uptodate/

zone23
Jul 25, 2012, 07:44 AM
Looks like Apple can't process the purchases fast enough guess I should have bought that stock.. :(

AlexBass
Thank god I'm not missing out.

It appears it isn't officially released in the UK yet, damn you Apple.

Dissecta
Oh Hullo Lion has disappeared from the "top paid" chart on the UK store...

PaulKemp
Here in Denmark it is downloading just fine :)

Norway as well! Sweet that something is working here instead of the US. Guessing the Eurpoean servers are not pushed in the same way.

aplnub
What is up with the error that it is not available yet? You think after all the iPhone activation problems (their fault or not) they would be on their game for this just to prove they can handle this.

cambookpro
Jul 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Can see the banner in UK MAS, but leads to error when I try and download.

FEW MORE MINUTES :mad:

rangen
official banner on UK app store, but still with error message

alexreich
Only way to find it in the UK is to select an apple app and follow the links to more apple apps. It's in there but is showing an error when trying to download.

I see. We get an error when attempting to download in US as well. They've got the big ML banner up on the App Store but the download will not start.

AlexBass
UPDATE: Os x lion has been removed from the app store?

aplnub
Still error in the UK. Can you guys in the US download it?

No. Error

mac3973
officially downloading on my mid 2011 air in the US

alexreich
Downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Using 2010 Mac mini in US.

Arkious
well its now on the UK home page :-)

ronaldr32
Jul 25, 2012, 07:46 AM
Same in the Australia store

monaarts
Finally working in the US!

ixodes

Never.

What rev of SL 10.6. ?

The reason I ask is I have one of my MBP's (mid 2010 15" MBP) on 10.6.4 and wonder if I should bump it to 10.6.5. I hesitate to go higher since at 10.6.6 it includes the Mac App store which I don't want.

I could go higher & just let the Mac App Store app sit there unused. Perhaps I'm too concerned, but I'd rather be precise & not overlook something important.

The main reason I'm being so specific is the security / malware issue. Largely a non-issue as I practice safe computing. I just want to be sure I keep it that way.

Therefore any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

AlexBass
Jul 25, 2012, 07:47 AM
It's on UK homepage, just not downloading, I think there is a little lag for us, give it a couple of mins

Roy Hobbs
Downloading now, after a full nights sleep.

phillies262834
UPDATE: Os x lion has been removed from the app store?
It's still in the U.S. store right now.

Arkious
Jul 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
It's still in the U.S. store right now.

maybe its to stop noobs buying the wrong version? you know how people with money are... selective reading ^.^

removing it from the top paid that is

nasa25
Jul 25, 2012, 07:49 AM
Just up in Canada store - but getting error!

Stayfly2407
Jul 25, 2012, 07:49 AM
Downloading in the U.S now!!

monaarts
Jul 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
HMMMM... It is downloading sooooo slow! I don't even know if the progress bar is moving! :-(