PDA

View Full Version : Working around the Up-To-Date Program

markrox7
Jul 24, 2012, 11:13 PM
My cousin recently purchased a new Macbook Pro, and he's eligible for the free Mountain Lion download. He's out of town, but I have his receipt and his serial number and all that. When ML comes out tomorrow, I know I have to go through the Up-To-Date Program on Apple's website, but since I have to type in his Mac's serial number, can I still download ML on my (separate) Mac?
And if I can, will I be able to download ML on 5 other Macs using my Apple ID? :apple:

dukebound85
Jul 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
Your cousin is ok with this? :rolleyes:

I know I would be pissed if someone did that to me

Patriot24
Jul 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
Not going to help you simultaneously cheat your brother and steal from Apple.

markrox7
Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Your cousin is ok with this? :rolleyes:

I know I would be pissed if someone did that to me

Not going to help you simultaneously cheat your brother and steal from Apple.

I have his permission, because he's not coming back within 30 days of ML's release, so by then his free download would be void. He asked me to do this, I'm just asking if it'd work?

jav6454
Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
You are not cheating Apple, you are cheating your own family. Be a grown man and go buy it. Shesh it is only $20 not $130 as before.

Download ML on his Mac alone.

AzN1337c0d3r
Jul 24, 2012, 11:32 PM
My cousin recently purchased a new Macbook Pro, and he's eligible for the free Mountain Lion download. He's out of town, but I have his receipt and his serial number and all that. When ML comes out tomorrow, I know I have to go through the Up-To-Date Program on Apple's website, but since I have to type in his Mac's serial number, can I still download ML on my (separate) Mac?
And if I can, will I be able to download ML on 5 other Macs using my Apple ID? :apple:

If the redemption process was as before, they will give you a code which links ML to your account. From there you can just login to that account with all your Macs and update to ML.