Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Anyone know how long it takes for them to validate that you are eligible for the up to date program?

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
Same question here...
It's complete bullish*t that I have to wait even longer for ML. If I bought the Mac at a Apple Retail Store, the claim should be automatic.
Bet's on it will be several days before we get our download codes.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Almost tempted to just buy it so I don't have to wait.....

Tom2893

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Almost tempted to just buy it so I don't have to wait.....

thats just stupid when you can get it for free. whats like an hour going to do its not like you desperately need to use iMessage/mirroring/dictation right this minute or stare at the slightly new graphics

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Validation took less than ONE minute for me. I received the email with the redemption code in a password protected PDF. Password came in a different email.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
6AM submitted. Got instant response with code that didnt work. Great.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
There wasn't an option for Macbook Air for me. Thus, I chose Macbook. Hope that didn't cause a problem.

Yeah me too but I got the code in like 10 minutes but I get an error in the MAS "The code you entered is not recognised as a valid code" when I try to redeem it. I don't know if it's because I chose MacBook or some other reason.

jincheker

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
MD
looks like lots of people submitted their form at around 9:00 eastern time.

Me too.

And still waiting for the code

weely2k

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
I had to wait about 30 Minutes to get the Code, but when i enter it it's said that the Code is already in use... Strange :(

amberashby

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2003
Still waiting for mine. Been 30 minutes so far.

You would think Apple could modify their validation system to automatically send the code if your serial number is for a rMBP. All of them automatically qualify.

I'm impatient. Just like a child.

jlevi

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
I had to wait about 30 Minutes to get the Code, but when i enter it it's said that the Code is already in use... Strange :(

Ditto. Apple screwed the pooch on this one, this is not how their product launches are supposed to go. All to keep you from getting a $20 operating system for free accidentally...

amberashby

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2003
Still waiting for mine. Been 30 minutes so far.

You would think Apple could modify their validation system to automatically send the code if your serial number is for a rMBP. All of them automatically qualify.

I'm impatient. Just like a child.

Just got it! Took just over 30 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.