PDA

View Full Version : AppStore:"The code you entered is not recognized as valid code" (or Already Redeemed)

sevimli
Jul 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
I got my code yesterday while up-to-date program was online for a short time. I am not using the reference number, I received my real redeem code, but it just won't work.

Anyone else?

(This is in US App Store)

Thanx

Tar Sniffer
Jul 25, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'm having problems as well. It keeps telling me that the code has has already been used...

sa7078
Jul 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
Having the same problem. Got my code Monday and now the AppStore won't redeem it. I tried going through the Up-to-Date process again and it said my serial number was already processed. Assume this will get fixed. If it goes on for much longer, it's worth a story on MacRumors. That will get Apple's attention, though I'm sure they know about it.

Puevlo
Jul 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
There was an issue where the up to date program was released early for some people. Apple have said people who got the code early will be issued a new one after ML is officially released.

G15
Jul 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
Same hear (Germany).
It says: your Code is been used, you only can use it ones.

sa7078
Jul 25, 2012, 08:32 AM
There was an issue where the up to date program was released early for some people. Apple have said people who got the code early will be issued a new one after ML is officially released.

Cool, thanks for the tip. Where did they say this?

Gustavo Carvalh
Jul 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
Same thing in the Brazilian App Store.

Dr Charter
Jul 25, 2012, 08:34 AM

Well I got mine this morning (after the official release) and it still says that my code has been used before. I'm having that same feeling I did when MobileMe came out.

Patnukem
Jul 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
I just submitted mine this morning and mine said it was already redeemed, I sure did not use it?

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 08:35 AM
I am getting the same problem. Says the code has already been redeemed.

mrbucket2
Jul 25, 2012, 08:36 AM

I got my code 2 days ago and mine is invalid also. I just called up applecare about 30 minutes ago and told the guy my situation and he had me try to redeem it again but it said it had already been redeemed. He then said that his system had a note in it saying that anyone who redeemed their serial number and got one of the invalid codes should recieve another email within one business day after mountain lion was released (already happened so the time is ticking now).

sevimli
Jul 25, 2012, 08:36 AM

There is not such a thing.

The source: Husbands uncle, who has a friend working in MS store.

figman4
Jul 25, 2012, 08:37 AM
I just submitted mine this morning and mine said it was already redeemed, I sure did not use it?

Yep me too... there is definitely a problem here...or someone stole a whole lot of codes.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
well, I got my code through official channels AFTER ML was released and I still can't redeem it. What gives?

The system tells me that my code isn't valid.

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 08:40 AM
I also did the Up-to-Date thing and the password protected code they gave me says it was used. Spoke with Apple Support and they claimed "several customers codes were sent in error and you should receive a new code within 30min".

I hate to say it, but phone support and a bunch of hoop jumping just to get OS validation makes me feel like I'm back on Windows.

Edit: It's been 30min and i got nothing new so I have no idea whats going on.

jayem1234
Jul 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
Same problem...I even received a second code but that one doesn't work either. Greeeaaaat

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
I hate to say it, but phone support and a bunch of hoop jumping just to get OS validation makes me feel like I'm back on Windows.

I was thinking the exact same thing...

marceloluft
Jul 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
I got the same error at Brazilian App Store, "This code has already been used". This is certainly something related to the early release of the Up to Date Form.

mello7
Jul 25, 2012, 08:47 AM
same thing happened in indonesia, maybe they want to limit the update in the first day?? server issue?

junebug1
Jul 25, 2012, 08:49 AM
I too got the "This code has already been used..." response. Apparently someone is hoarding all these free copies of ML.

Bastard.

Calling AppleCare to see if they can sort anything out. So far the guy read me a copy of the letter they got yesterday when the program went live for a brief period of time but I informed him that I didn't register until 15 minutes ago after the official launch. Waiting for a Senior Advisor.

Nitrile
Jul 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
i filed my claim TODAY on the website after it went live. not during the brief uptime yesterday. code says that it's been used. dang...

mrbucket2
Jul 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
I also did the Up-to-Date thing and the password protected code they gave me says it was used. Spoke with Apple Support and they claimed "several customers codes were sent in error and you should receive a new code within 30min".

Edit: It's been 30min and i got nothing new so I have no idea whats going on.

I was told up to a whole business day, not just 30 minutes.

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
My code says it has already been used. What a headache.

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know if Mountain Lion is serial number specific? If its really going to take a full day just to validate a purchase/computer then would a Genius Bar be allowed to simply verify a receipt and then install it for us?

azpekt
same for me here...says this code was already used :(

will wait one day, as advised

sa7078
Yeah, just spoke with AppleCare and they said they're fully aware of the problem and that a new code would be sent out today.

Prof.
I'm having the same problem as the rest of you. Invalid code. Fantastic. :mad::roll eyes:

Yeah, just spoke with AppleCare and they said they're fully aware of the problem and that a new code would be sent out today.
Just to you, or to everyone that was affected?

sevimli
Jul 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
i filed my claim TODAY on the website after it went live. not during the brief uptime yesterday. code says that it's been used. dang...

US gets the "not valid code" , and all other countries get the "it's been used" error.

DaDalle
Jul 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Anyone got a new code so far?

I haven't phoned the support yet, but I got the same error. (Just received my not working code 10 minutes ago)

jayem1234
Jul 25, 2012, 08:56 AM
Maybe they should've released the update version a day earlier so this garbage wouldn't happen. This is frustrating man

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
US gets the "not valid code" , and all other countries get the "it's been used" error.
Not true. I'm in Chicago and it says the code has already been used.

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 08:59 AM

I'm in the US and have an "it's been used error"

Coffee87
Jul 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
I got two codes - one for each rMBP - and they both say they have already been used. In the US.

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
Apple should just go back to offering a physical copy of each OS. This is nucking futs! :eek:

jamz.
Jul 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
im in the UK, requested the code after launch, "already been redeemed"

the Applecare Lady said it was a known issue, i should receive another code "shortly" but it could take up to 72 hours :/

this is my first Mac, Days old, and this is a little shoddy

StuMcBill
Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
Same here in the UK with my rMBP, code has been used! :(

junebug1
Jul 25, 2012, 09:05 AM
I was informed by AppleCare to keep trying to code tonight through tomorrow morning as they may fix the error on the server side and at worst I would receive a new code by Saturday. Lame.

AfzalivE
Jul 25, 2012, 09:05 AM
Canada here, already used.

shitwong
Jul 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hong Kong, already used error. Sent an email to Apple for help.

ikillbears
Jul 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
same here. in the uk. wonder if were all trying to use the same code :)

AaronMT
Jul 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
Already in use here in Canada; sent an email to uptodatesupport@apple.com

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 09:09 AM
I received the same error as well. I emailed them about it. No return email as of yet. I wonder if the same code was sent out to everyone by chance...

Does anyone else has a code ending in "JX"

I'll wait and save myself the $20 since I am entitled to it until this is fixed. I bet a lot of people are just purchasing it because they don't want to wait.

sa7078
Jul 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'm having the same problem as the rest of you. Invalid code. Fantastic. :mad::roll eyes:

Just to you, or to everyone that was affected?

To everyone affected. They said they're aware of a system-wide problem and they're working on it "right now" and new codes would go out today. Of course, I guess if this really bothers anyone, you could just pay the $20 and then fight with Apple to have the charge reversed.

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
I received the same error as well. I emailed them about it. No return email as of yet. I wonder if the same code was sent out to everyone by chance...

Does anyone else has a code ending in "JX"

I'll wait and save myself the $20 since I am entitled to it until this is fixed. I bet a lot of people are just purchasing it because they don't want to wait.
That was Apple's plan all along. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edalquist
Jul 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'm in the US and getting the "Already Redeemed" error. I just talked to Apple Care (9:10 Central) and was told to retry the code in 1 hour and then call back if it still isn't working.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm in the US and getting the "Already Redeemed" error. I just talked to Apple Care (9:10 Central) and was told to retry the code in 1 hour and then call back if it still isn't working.

Don't know why Apple keeps on screwing people who pre-order, buy their latest stuff etc. Instead of having this ridiculous procedure in place, they could have sent the codes automatically, at least to those people who bought the qualifying hardware through the Apple Store.

likegadgets
Jul 25, 2012, 09:16 AM

US here. Same problem. Apple support says up to 72 hours, Likely they have no clue what is going on

ugp
That was Apple's plan all along. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't doubt it. I'll wait for my code. No point in spending $20 that I don't need to. And this time it's not because of torrents.

gekoo
Sweden here Already in use :(

Coffee87
Jul 25, 2012, 09:19 AM
I need to really stop hitting "Redeem" though. It's like the rMBP "Order Status" thread all over again. :)

OziMac
Jul 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Don't know why Apple keeps on screwing people who pre-order, buy their latest stuff etc. Instead of having this ridiculous procedure in place, they could have sent the codes automatically, at least to those people who bought the qualifying hardware through the Apple Store.

This is pretty much what they did last year (provided you completed the application form and were deemed eligible) and the process was flawless.

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
I knew something would go wrong with the codes. Didn't something happen with Lion and people didn't get Lion the same time as others the had to buy it.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'm really annoyed. What a flippin' farce. I've just been on the phone with Apple and I've been told forget it. You ain't gettin no free mountain lion today baby. 24 hours to reissue the code. I'm not paying these morons the asking price when I can get it for free. No matter how cheap it is.

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'm really annoyed. What a flippin' farce. I've just been on the phone with Apple and I've been told forget it. You ain't gettin no free mountain lion today baby. 24 hours to reissue the code. I'm not paying these morons the asking price when I can get it for free. No matter how cheap it is.

Well it's something we are entitled to so there is no reason we should have to pay it. But that isn't fair to the ones that are entitled to it that we have to wait a day more because we decided to spend "X" amount of money on new Hardware.

jjwoods1
Jul 25, 2012, 09:25 AM
Minneapolis here. Getting an "already been used" error. Talked with Apple and it seemed as though they had not heard of the issue and will be contacting me later today. Hopefully I get a reissued code sometime today...

macman61
Jul 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
I received the redemption code a few minutes after Mountain Lion goes live, and I got the same "code been used". What a rip off.

AfzalivE
Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
This is a two-fold trick.

1. Get more Mountain Lion news out on websites.
2. Get impatient people to spend $20

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
Apple's stock took a nosedive this morning after their earnings announcement. this will only make the stock fall even more.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
I received the redemption code a few minutes after Mountain Lion goes live, and I got the same "code been used". What a rip off.
lol oops thats even worse man. :eek:

r0unak
Jul 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
Got the code after the update went live, tried it on the US and Indian App Store, both pop up an error saying the code has already been used. So annoyed right now. Have mailed uptodatesupport-in@apple.com about the problem, hope they fix this.

arturbenchimol
Jul 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
I just got the email and it was an invalid code.

They said July, waited until the end of the month and screwed up their early adopters...

(nice)

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
Apple Hardware + Apple Mac Store + Apple OS Update + Registered to Apple ID

I won't get too worked up over having to wait, but what part of this scenario made it that this wasn't automatically recognized as a valid single click upgrade? Isnt avoiding issues like this the very reason the creation of the Mac App store was created?

Urban Spaceman
Jul 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
Just received my redemption code and got the "This code has already been used" error in the App Store.

I did not get my code early (wasn't possible to complete from my locale), but I did try. Apparently that was enough for Apple to void my redemption code.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
Just received my redemption code and got the "This code has already been used" error in the App Store.

I did not get my code early (wasn't possible to complete from my locale), but I did try. Apparently that was enough for Apple to void my redemption code.

I doubt that had any influence - I never tried to get one early, got my code through regular channels a couple of hours ago after the release of ML and the it still won't get accepted ("not recognized as a valid code").

Peter

Nde
Jul 25, 2012, 09:46 AM
I got same error. So I say F it, paid $20.

Almost done download, took about 1.5 hours to download.

Himecchi
Jul 25, 2012, 09:46 AM
O lord this is just the wait for my rMBP all over again. Might just end up "completely legally" getting it out of necessity. Seriously why is it that I can just go on usenet and get it quicker then Apple is supposed to give it to me, just don't really wanna do that because I'm scared of getting put into S1kH4x)r420's bot net.

theSeb
Jul 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
Seems like they are not sending out any more codes due to this monumental fkup.

mrbucket2
Jul 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Apple's stock took a nosedive this morning after their earnings announcement. this will only make the stock fall even more.

You got to be a moron if you think something like this will have any effect at all.

theSeb
Jul 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
I doubt that had any influence - I never tried to get one early, got my code through regular channels a couple of hours ago after the release of ML and the it still won't get accepted ("not recognized as a valid code").

Peter
I think all codes are not working regardless of when you requested it.

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
deleted

JVlasy
Yep, same here in Czech. Get the code 2 hours ago and in the Store it says This code have been already used.. Come apple you can do better!

kis
I got same error. So I say F it, paid $20.

yeah, I'm so not going to do that.

Urban Spaceman
Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
It's slightly irritating that all those who torrented the GM release are happily using Mountain Lion, but if you try to acquire it through the correct channels you are thwarted by Apple themselves.

I don't know whether I'm relieved to hear that or not! With any luck Apple will rectify the situation soon.

definitive
Jul 25, 2012, 09:56 AM
I just talked to one of Apple's customer service reps, and was told that people who redeemed a few days ago (when their up to date site was up by mistake) will be getting new codes, because it was a mistake on Apple's part, and those codes will probably not work.

The new codes will start going out any minute now, but could take up to 2-3 days to get to people, depending on the order that they're being sent out. Apparently there were hundreds of thousands of people with this issue. Don't know if that's true or not, and don't really care at the moment.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
I just talked to one of Apple's customer service reps, and was told that people who redeemed a few days ago (when their up to date site was up by mistake) will be getting new codes, because it was a mistake on Apple's part, and those codes will probably not work.

The new codes will start going out any minute now, but could take up to 2-3 days to get to people, depending on the order that they're being sent out. Apparently there were hundreds of thousands of people with this issue. Don't know if that's true or not, and don't really care at the moment.

Again, I did NOT redeem a few days ago and the code still doesn't work. I guess I'll be waiting until my vacation is over. Nicely done! Suppose most of Apple's admin staff have been re-assigned to competition-suing duty.

definitive
Jul 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
Again, I did NOT redeem a few days ago and the code still doesn't work. I guess I'll be waiting until my vacation is over. Nicely done! Suppose most of Apple's admin staff have been re-assigned to competition-suing duty.

If you haven't done so already, contact Apple support. Maybe they'll help you out with the issue that you're having.

b11051973
Jul 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did the request to get my code about an hour ago. Got my redemption code 20-30 minutes later. Tried to redeem it in the App Store and it says the code has already been used.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 10:09 AM
Apple should just do the decent thing, give it away for FREE now for the next 24 hours. Who agrees?

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
If you haven't done so already, contact Apple support. Maybe they'll help you out with the issue that you're having.

did that - no reply so far. AppleCare claims to have heard of the issue for the first time when I called earlier on.

CKohkah
Jul 25, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm hearing that if you sign out of your apple ID and sign back in the downloads starts working. I haven't tried it myself but it's worth a shot...

SpyderBite
Jul 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
I'm hearing that if you sign out of your apple ID and sign back in the downloads starts working. I haven't tried it myself but it's worth a shot...

I tried that. No worky. :(

Gregintosh

NOPE. Just did it and it still says invalid code.

kis

no luck here.

EnVyCaLiBeR
Jul 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
Also having problems saying that it has already been used and that it's not valid. What a bummer as I was looking forward to this. Hopefully they get it together.

Nitrile
Jul 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
look at this ridiculous reply i received from uptodatesupport

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for contacting the OS X Mountain Lion Up-To-Date Support Team.

If you already have an Apple ID or Mac App Store account, please follow these instructions to redeem your Content Code. If you do not have an Apple ID, please see the section below on how to create one.

1) Go to the Mac App Store.

2) Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

3) Under the Quick Links section in the upper-right corner, click the Redeem link.

4) On the Redeem page, enter your content code and click the Redeem button.

Once your content code is successfully redeemed, your software will begin downloading. You will not be able to redeem this code again, it can only be redeemed once.

If you have entered your content code but do not see download progress, please click the Purchases tab in Mac App Store. If redemption was successful, you will see OS X Mountain Lion listed in the purchases tab. To re-download click the "Download" button.

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 10:34 AM

tried that, no luck. Also tried the other apple ID I have that i use for icloud... No luck there either.

This is an Apple issue and their computer guys need to sift through the code and find the error. Could be late afternoon, could be tomorrow. The system they implemented was a joke though. I've seen this sort of thing done flawlessly, it can be done. Apple just dropped the ball.

stefman
Jul 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
I got the same reply, I couldn't believe it!

look at this ridiculous reply i received from uptodatesupport

OhioBoy
Jul 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
Damm!!! I got the same error "code been used".

sevimli
Jul 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
it is almost 11am CST and codes still aren't working. :o

Emailed the uptodatesupport@apple.com twice, got same lame response, telling me how to use a redemption code...

I guess they banned all the up-to-date customers temporarily to let people download who purchased the ML at app store. This will give them less headache in term of data traffic.

Nitrile
Jul 25, 2012, 10:53 AM
if it still doesn't work in 6 hours, i'll just buy it. tired of this crap.

dailybibliotaph
Jul 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
my phone rep said within 72 hours! should be getting a new code via email. whole thing seems dubious to me.

----------

if it still doesn't work in 6 hours, i'll just buy it. tired of this crap.

after their earnings miss perhaps thats what they are hoping for....

jmgag03
Jul 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
my phone rep said within 72 hours! should be getting a new code via email. whole thing seems dubious to me.

----------

after their earnings miss perhaps thats what they are hoping for....

I don't think they care one bit about a few $20 copies of Mountain Lion for recent laptop buyers, but it is a fairly serious mistake and I'm sorry we are all experiencing this frustration. If you think they sold a million computers eligable for the free upgrade, $20 only nets them 20 Million. I don't think that is anywhere close to making up for their recent shortcoming in earnings.

I applied for my key at 9:00am Central and I still have not received an email from Apple. I know that the code could be dubious, but I'm a little annoyed that I don't know whether they accepted my email or not.

DaDalle
Jul 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
I contacted the support twice and now reply so far... Code doesn't work either.

This sucks!

BenMero
Jul 25, 2012, 11:07 AM
9to5mac just published an article saying how its now looking like people are getting new codes through, hopefully true...

Skoopman
Jul 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, I couldn't wait any longer because I don't have time, so I just bought it. Surprise: I logged into my home banking and Apple charged only about 2 :confused:

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
Cult of Mac just published an article saying how its now looking like people are getting new codes through, hopefully true...

I just saw that post. I hope he's not blowing smoke.

VDubb
Jul 25, 2012, 11:16 AM
9to5Mac just posted they received the new code:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/25/apple-starts-re-issuing-os-x-mountain-lion-up-to-date-program-promo-codes/

- VDubb

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
9to5Mac just posted they received the new code:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/25/apple-starts-re-issuing-os-x-mountain-lion-up-to-date-program-promo-codes/
Apparently you need a @9to5.com address to get them to respond. I have yet to see anyone else report getting an updated code.

Urban Spaceman
Jul 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Just received reply from Apple. No new information, but quoting for other's reference (emphasis mine).

Hello [redacted],

My name is [redacted] from the iTunes Store. I have just finished reading your request, and I understand that you are having issues updating your current soft ware to OS X Mountain Lion.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet been able to upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion because the code you received could not be redeemed. I realize that you hadn't in fact used this code already and that you'd like to begin enjoying the features of Apple's latest OS. I'll be happy to assist in getting this resolved.

To be clear, customers who purchase a qualifying new Mac computer between June 11, 2012 and July 25, 2012, that does not include OS X Mountain Lion can upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion for free. To participate in this program you must be entered by August 24, 2012.

I'm sorry to hear that, on redeeming the initial upgrade code you received, you were unable to proceed because an error indicated the code was invalid or had already been used. If your claim is accepted, a valid replacement code will be sent to you by email. There will be no need to submit a new claim. I apologize for any inconvenience in this regard.

Please let me know if you do not receive a replacement code within 24-48 hours, as I'll be happy to look into things further for you.

[snipped...]

I hope this information is helpful, [redacted], and thank you for your interest in OS X Mountain Lion. Please let me know how everything works out. I'd like to be sure that this has been resolved this for you. Take care and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

[redacted]

iTunes Store Customer Support
Apart from some slightly contradictory information ("If your claim is accepted" and "There will be no need to submit a new claim" - how can my claim be accepted if I am not to submit a new claim!?) it appears it is just a waiting game.

Off Topic; Apple have very polite customer support! :)

sa7078
Jul 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
Just got my code. I went through the process on Monday and this happened automatically -- not as a result of a call.

dailybibliotaph
Jul 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
I don't think they care one bit about a few $20 copies of Mountain Lion for recent laptop buyers, but it is a fairly serious mistake and I'm sorry we are all experiencing this frustration. If you think they sold a million computers eligable for the free upgrade, $20 only nets them 20 Million. I don't think that is anywhere close to making up for their recent shortcoming in earnings.

I was being facetious. I'm more surprised that Apple didn't beta test the launch in house before going live. Seems like they didn't do any testing of the system.

urkel
Jul 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
I was being facetious. I'm more surprised that Apple didn't beta test the launch in house before going live. Seems like they didn't do any testing of the system.
This is why I hope Apples era of secrecy is ending. Their world is just getting too big to do all these gigantic projects without some sort of beta program or small market testing. in this case, it would've made sense to give the up-to-date people a day or two prerelease since we already paid for our hardware.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
BTW: to all those who got the "invalid code" message: you're not doing it right. I just found out that the code in the second message we received isn't meant to be redeemed. Instead, it unlocks the PDF that was attached to the 1st message. Inside the PDF, there's the actual App Store code. However, the latter still doesn't work. Now I also get the "been already used" message.

I'm really disappointed at this moment.

StuMcBill
Jul 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
Has anyone apart from 9to5Mac gotten a replacement code yet?

KingKongUser
Jul 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
BTW: to all those who got the "invalid code" message: you're not doing it right. I just found out that the code in the second message we received isn't meant to be redeemed. Instead, it unlocks the PDF that was attached to the 1st message. Inside the PDF, there's the actual App Store code. However, the latter still doesn't work. Now I also get the "been already used" message.

I'm really disappointed at this moment.

If you fumbled at that step you don't deserve any update...

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
Has anyone apart from 9to5Mac gotten a replacement code yet?
Noooope! I think 9to5 is blowing smoke.

Nitrile
Jul 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
Support has asked me to wait for 5-7 business days for a replacement code. RIDICULOUS. :mad:

Hello xxxxx,
I'm sorry to hear that on redeeming the initial upgrade code you received, you were unable to proceed because an error indicated the code was invalid . I know you must be looking forward to having this resolved, xxxxx and I will be happy to assist you.

I looked into this for you and if your claim is accepted, a valid replacement code will be sent to you by email. There will be no need to submit a new claim. I apologize for any inconvenience in this regard.

Please let me know if you do not receive a replacement code within 5-7 business days, as I'll be happy to look into things further for you.

I hope this information is helpful, xxxxx, and thank you for your interest in OS X Mountain Lion. Please let me know how everything works out. I'd like to be sure that this has been resolved this for you. Take care and have a nice day!

thehenry
Jul 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
I just now filed my claim and am waiting to get a code. I have $20 in my iTunes Account and if I don't get a valid code, I'm likely buying. Very disappointing though.

AaronMT
Jul 25, 2012, 12:42 PM
Which email are you guys requesting support from? I fired one off early this morning to uptodatesupport@apple.com but have not heard a response yet.

kis
Jul 25, 2012, 12:43 PM

ok.

kamran9558
Jul 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
They have given me a 24 hrs time period for emailing me the new code

SpyderBite
Jul 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Which email are you guys requesting support from? I fired one off early this morning to uptodatesupport@apple.com but have not heard a response yet.

I did the same and haven't heard a peep yet either. I have no problem with that as long as the next correspondence comes accompanied with a new redemption code. But, if there is some special email or claim page I'm supposed to be using to report a bum code, I'd love to know what it is.

araah
Jul 25, 2012, 01:02 PM

Haha! This man talks sense ^
Im also having the same problem

EnVyCaLiBeR
Jul 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Just got off the phone with Apple. Guy said that it's a known issue and they're able to track the Up To Date Program people who received the "Code already been used" message for Mountain Lion so they're going back and sending out more codes to those people who got that message. Said I should receive it in the next 24 hours.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
UPDATE: I got my code, actually they sent me 2. They provided 2 .PDF's that were password locked that contained 2 codes. Ok download is as slow as crap so I'm still complaing. booo :p:p:p

ThunderApple
Jul 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
So are we suppose to call them? I signed up for the program this morning and got the email an hour later and my code said it's been redeemed.

Should I call them or do they plan on sending the emails out themselves?

DaDalle
I want a WORKING code right now!! Come on Apple.

Urban Spaceman

I did the same and haven't heard a peep yet either. I have no problem with that as long as the next correspondence comes accompanied with a new redemption code. But, if there is some special email or claim page I'm supposed to be using to report a bum code, I'd love to know what it is.
For what it's worth, I used:
Contact Apple Support (https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action) > All Products & Services > Apps & Software > Mac apps > Mac App Store > Purchases, Billing & Redemption > The topic is not listed
...and made sure the title of the request included the relevant keywords.

It sounds like the whole replacement-code process is being automated so I doubt contacting them about the issue has any effect on the speed of replacement.

SpyderBite
Jul 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Contact Apple Support (https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action) > All Products & Services > Apps & Software > Mac apps > Mac App Store > Purchases, Billing & Redemption > The topic is not listed

I did this just now. Can't hurt. And, its better than hearing later that I would have gotten a new code faster if I had. At this point, I'm just tossing salt over my shoulder.

JohnDoe98
Jul 25, 2012, 02:27 PM

It sounds like the whole replacement-code process is being automated so I doubt contacting them about the issue has any effect on the speed of replacement.

I did this too and got an email saying that a replacement code had already been sent. Of course, I never received a replacement code, and there has been no response to my follow up email. So it appears now instead of telling people 24 hours, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, whatever, they are explicitly lying and saying they already sent codes...

Hopefully the customer service representative meant they already put in place the system that will send the new codes....

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 02:36 PM

I tried this as well. We'll see if I can an answer.

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
I put in a trouble ticket as well.

JohnDoe98
Jul 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
I just got this:

"myname, as I further checked this for you it looks like your new code is still being processed as it is still showing pending here on our end. It may take up to 72 hours. Your patience on this matter will be greatly appreciated."

araah
Jul 25, 2012, 03:05 PM
I just got this:

"myname, as I further checked this for you it looks like your new code is still being processed as it is still showing pending here on our end. It may take up to 72 hours. Your patience on this matter will be greatly appreciated."

guys, email them and ask if you can purchase the os form the app store, and if they would refund the payment, act up and say that you dont have any other time during the week etc lol

Let us know if anyone does ask and gets a response, im asking now.

Zwikker
Jul 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
Quick question, Do I qualify for a free upgrade with refurb 2011 my macbook pro that I bought on june 20th? It's serial # is FC723LL/A

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
guys, email them and ask if you can purchase the os form the app store, and if they would refund the payment, act up and say that you dont have any other time during the week etc lol

Let us know if anyone does ask and gets a response, im asking now.

I tried this. no response yet

jterp7
Jul 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
I tried this. no response yet

got quoted 72hrs after calling the 800 number:(

afurry13
Jul 25, 2012, 03:58 PM

Did you tell them their website states 24 hours?

the kernel
Jul 25, 2012, 04:05 PM
Quick question, Do I qualify for a free upgrade with refurb 2011 my macbook pro that I bought on june 20th? It's serial # is FC723LL/A

Yes you do. However, that number is your model number and not your serial number. Just go to the mac up-to-date site on apple.com > Mac > Mountain Lion > link on the bottom and you will find instructions on how to find your serial number and how to get your code.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
just got an sms from my friend to say she's already downloaded and installed it from the Pirate Bay. :eek:

OziMac
Jul 25, 2012, 04:39 PM

Just received a response - nothing but a random code.

Naturally, I tried to redeem it and it wasn't valid.

Really strange to send an empty email though. :confused:

ugp
Jul 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
I just gave in and bought it. I will sell my code to a friend for like $15 once I get it.

the kernel
Jul 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
I was just told by iTunes Customer Support:

--
I apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. [My name], unfortunately, we're unable to fulfill your request to have the OS be refunded after your unable to redownload it. I have contacted our Senior advisor and she mentioned that you really need to wait until the end of the week, because after the said time frame, we will issue you a new code. Your cooeration and understanding are highly appreciated on this issue.
--

So we won't get new codes until the end of the week, that is ridiculous.

toptekjon
Jul 25, 2012, 08:23 PM
I was really close to just buying it for $20 since it is such a reasonable price, but on principal, I decided to torrent it instead.

Apple has no business making any of us wait after we just spent a small fortune on their hardware. Why the hell do we get our software a week late???

Unacceptable. "Stealing" 10.8 until apple decides to remember us paying customers.

--
I apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. [My name], unfortunately, we're unable to fulfill your request to have the OS be refunded after your unable to redownload it. I have contacted our Senior advisor and she mentioned that you really need to wait until the end of the week, because after the said time frame, we will issue you a new code. Your cooeration and understanding are highly appreciated on this issue.
--

intervenient
Jul 25, 2012, 08:42 PM

--
--

Absolutely ****** customer service (especially the bold). Great stuff Apple.

klmaj
Jul 25, 2012, 08:44 PM

--
--

<cough> Pirate <cough cough> Bay. Naughty female friend of mine already downloaded it. Mine is legit though.

mdapple
Jul 25, 2012, 09:01 PM
<cough> Pirate <cough cough> Bay. Naughty female friend of mine already downloaded it. Mine is legit though.

I have no idea what you are alluding to, but would she be able to get updates when they come out?

iMacFarlane
Jul 25, 2012, 09:25 PM

If there's one thing you can consistently count on from Apple, it's polish. Excellence. Perfection. The bolded words above don't strike me as anything resembling official Apple correspondence I would ever expect to receive.

mello7
Jul 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
this is the response i got

Greetings from the iTunes store. How are you? My name is .... and I'll be your advisor to assist you with your concern. As always, my goal is to help you with your questions as quickly and accurately as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and wish you continued success. I understand that the code you received for the upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion prompts you that this has been used. I'm sorry for the trouble that this has caused you.

Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.

Thank you for your patience. Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible.

Nitrile
Jul 25, 2012, 11:39 PM
got my replacement code 5 minutes ago! my previous code had the "already used" error. not with my mac right now so i can't check if it works. there IS hope. just wait.

Prof.
Jul 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
got my replacement code 5 minutes ago! my previous code had the "already used" error. not with my mac right now so i can't check if it works. there IS hope. just wait.
You're in the UK, so I guess us yanks will have to wait another 6 to 12 hours before we start seeing new codes.

the kernel
Jul 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
If there's one thing you can consistently count on from Apple, it's polish. Excellence. Perfection. The bolded words above don't strike me as anything resembling official Apple correspondence I would ever expect to receive.

Maybe because it is the Canadian Customer Support team...

AfzalivE
Jul 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
Sent a heartfelt email to Tim Cook, let's see what happens tomorrow.

the kernel
Jul 26, 2012, 01:10 AM
I received a new code that works. Strangely the PDF with the code came an hour earlier than the password email to unlock the PDF, but now it finally started downloading.

axlvtt
Jul 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
So I'm one of the guys who got a "code has already been used" when trying to redeem earlier. Do we have to do anything to get a new code, or do we just wait around? What I mean is, will Apple send us a new code, even if we don't call or e-mail support?

EnVyCaLiBeR
Jul 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
So I'm one of the guys who got a "code has already been used" when trying to redeem earlier. Do we have to do anything to get a new code, or do we just wait around? What I mean is, will Apple send us a new code, even if we don't call or e-mail support?

According to the Apple representative I talked to earlier, they're able to track who received the "code has already been used" and they are working on sending new codes to those people who were supposed to receive the upgrade and no further action is needed. As far as the time frame, the guy told me it would be 24 hours but people here have gotten completely different answers and even some saying it would take days so my guess is as good as yours on the time.

According to the guy I talked to you should receive a code regardless of if you call or not but if you're like me, I'd call to make it known that you're having trouble anyway.

axlvtt
Jul 26, 2012, 01:33 AM
According to the Apple representative I talked to earlier, they're able to track who received the "code has already been used" and they are working on sending new codes to those people who were supposed to receive the upgrade and no further action is needed. As far as the time frame, the guy told me it would be 24 hours but people here have gotten completely different answers and even some saying it would take days so my guess is as good as yours on the time.

According to the guy I talked to you should receive a code regardless of if you call or not but if you're like me, I'd call to make it known that you're having trouble anyway.

Thanks for the response. I'm really in no hurry, so I'll give it a day or two before I call. Thanks again.

likegadgets
Jul 26, 2012, 02:40 AM

Same issue. New PDF and New password arrived just past midnight Pacific Time. I did not have to do anything - they just arrived. Downloading now

EnVyCaLiBeR
Jul 26, 2012, 03:54 AM
Just got my replacement code after receiving the invalid one. Downloading now. Glad schoolwork kept me up late tonight. lol

hellomoto4
Jul 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
So, we're hearing that replacement codes are being issued, but has anyone received a code after not receiving any correspondence initially?

OziMac
Jul 26, 2012, 04:07 AM
Just for the record, I received my new up-to-date codes earlier this afternoon (AU), so approximately 15 hours after the first ones (just after the site went live).

Everything arrived exactly the same as before, only this time the redeem code worked.

Bit of an unpleasant hiccup, but it's only really a big deal for those of us who keenly anticipated downloading last night - similar to the annoying delays with international shipping for the 4S, which I can barely recall now. So time can heal, though probably not if it happens too often - downloading now. :)

hellomoto4
Jul 26, 2012, 04:13 AM
Just for the record, I received my new up-to-date codes earlier this afternoon (AU), so approximately 15 hours after the first ones (just after the site went live).

Everything arrived exactly the same as before, only this time the redeem code worked.

Bit of an unpleasant hiccup, but it's only really a big deal for those of us who keenly anticipated downloading last night - similar to the annoying delays with international shipping for the 4S, which I can barely recall now. So time can heal, though probably not if it happens too often - downloading now. :)

That makes me a little excited to hear an Aussie got a code. So you're saying you submitted just after the site went live last night?

xpumax
Jul 26, 2012, 04:21 AM
Yesterday I requested a code and within seconds i recieved my (invalid! :mad:) code in my mailbox.... (That was around 15:00 here in The Netherlands)

Not knowing what to do I send an e-mail to the update mail adres given in the mail that my code didn't worked! Unfortunately I didn't recieve any reaction from apple.

I went sleeping and this morning I woke up very happy with a new code that worked! (That was around 8:15 here in The Netherlands)
So I'm not sure if my e-mail to apple did the work or that people get automaticly a new code... but the new code did it for me! Hope apple send out fast those codes to all users.. Very frustrating this..

OziMac
Jul 26, 2012, 04:23 AM
That makes me a little excited to hear an Aussie got a code. So you're saying you submitted just after the site went live last night?

Correct - can't remember exactly, but I think it was before 11pm. Got the emails with the wrong codes instantly, emailed support and got an empty (literally) response this morning. But finally got the correct codes around 3ish.

G15
Jul 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
I received my new Code 3 hours ago.

SpyderBite
Jul 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
Notta Yet. I suspect I'll get my replacement code today while I'm at work. Glad I have tomorrow off as I'll probably be up pretty late installing it. *crosses fingers*

StuMcBill
Jul 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
Just got my new code through now - downloading as we speak!

UG.Frontera
Jul 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
happened to me also (UK) and still haven't got my new code.

i-aamir
Jul 26, 2012, 05:50 AM
Has anyone in the UK received their replacement codes?

DaDalle
Jul 26, 2012, 05:50 AM
So, we're hearing that replacement codes are being issued, but has anyone received a code after not receiving any correspondence initially?

I received my new Code earlier this morning. I've sent a e-mail to Apple's support but didn't get any reply, just got the now code.

Edit: I'm using a german account

Nozuka
Jul 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
I never got any Code at all, requested it like 20h ago...
Is the first one supposed to come instantly?

edit: oh never mind.. theres another topic about that

KingKongUser
Jul 26, 2012, 06:17 AM
happened to me also (UK) and still haven't got my new code.

Got my new codes 10am (i'm in the uk). I had raised a case with apple support though.

keelin
Jul 26, 2012, 06:39 AM
Malaysia, still have not received the code, 21 hours ago :mad:

i-aamir
Jul 26, 2012, 06:46 AM
Finlay got my working code - UK

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 07:02 AM
I emailed up-t0-date support 3 times, I got 3 responses:

They sent me 3 copy-paste emails, nothing else:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for contacting the OS X Mountain Lion Up-To-Date Support Team.

If you already have an Apple ID or Mac App Store account, please follow these instructions to redeem your Content Code. If you do not have an Apple ID, please see the section below on how to create one.

2) Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

3) Under the Quick Links section in the upper-right corner, click the Redeem link.

Once your content code is successfully redeemed, your software will begin downloading. You will not be able to redeem this code again, it can only be redeemed once.

If you have entered your content code but do not see download progress, please click the Purchases tab in Mac App Store. If redemption was successful, you will see OS X Mountain Lion listed in the purchases tab. To re-download click the "Download" button.

To create an Apple ID and redeem your content code follow these steps:

2) To ensure that you are not signed into another person's account, under the Quick Links section in the upper-right hand corner click the Account link and choose Sign Out if it appears.

3) In Quick Links click the Redeem link.

5) You will be able to create an account at this step. While setting up your new account, you will have the option to enter your credit card information. If you do not wish to enter a credit card number, click the None button.

Once your content code is successfully redeemed, your software will begin downloading. You will not be able to redeem this code again, as it can only be redeemed once.

If you have additional questions regarding the redemption or installation of your software from the Mac App Store, go to the Mac App Store Support link which is found in the Quick Links section.

Please note that we can only assist with inquires for the OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date program. For all other questions please consult http://www.apple.com/.

Thank You For Choosing Apple

BenMero
Jul 26, 2012, 07:29 AM
Woke up to my new code :D Bad news is it says its gonna take about 10 hours to download :(

Dr Charter
Jul 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
Got my new code this morning. The second email had no explanation for what happened, but the it worked. See you for the next OS release when our codes for OSX Ocelot don't work.

hellomoto4
Jul 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
Officially just hit 24 hours since submission. No email, code or correspondence has been received. :rolleyes:

JronMasteR
Jul 26, 2012, 07:48 AM
Apple really screwed this one up. They should have included the download code with the new machine, or simply should have sent the code before the launch day. Really annoying...

Coffee87
Jul 26, 2012, 07:49 AM
Got my two new codes this morning as well. In the US. :)

csiCJ
Jul 26, 2012, 08:03 AM
I received the email with the password protected PDF, but not the other email with the password to unlock the PDF...

fairplayinc
Jul 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
I called apple yesterday about 10am and was told that it would be no more than 24 hours before they would reissue me a new code.

I woke up this morning and still nothing. I called them back and they told me that it could be LONGER THAN 72 hours now!!!

$&@# you Apple for sitting on billions of dollars and having hiccups like this!!

stefman
Jul 26, 2012, 08:14 AM
Still no replacement code. Called support and they told me it might take up to 72 hours :(

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
I received an email yesterday stating 24-48 hours. No code as of this morning. I went ahead and bought it yesterday and will just sell my code.

jterp7
Jul 26, 2012, 09:30 AM

replacement code sent at 5:45am, DLing now:)

actual time was just over 12hrs

frankdogg
Jul 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
I emailed up-t0-date support 3 times, I got 3 responses:

They sent me 3 copy-paste emails, nothing else:

thats exactly what i got. i replied with "is this seriously the response you guys are giving me to my situation/problem?" and then i went on explaining how my redemption code comes up as invalid, again.

trying to be patient but i'm so envious of those with their new redemption codes. =(

jhines57
Jul 26, 2012, 09:37 AM
Officially just hit 24 hours since submission. No email, code or correspondence has been received. :rolleyes:

I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!

TheWelshBoyo
Jul 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
It's been 22 hours now and I still don't have my new code.

b_scott
Jul 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
so are they probably going to send out a new code automatically or do we have to somehow contact them?

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
I just received two new emails from Apple with a new Secure PDF and a new Code. I bought ML yesterday so I have no reason to redeem the code and no way to verify that it is working. I would assume they work now though.

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
I just hit the 26 hour mark and still no new code. :mad:

b_scott
Jul 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!

how do you submit a claim? and do you need to to get a new code? or will they send it automatically?

----------

Just got off the phone with Apple. Guy said that it's a known issue and they're able to track the Up To Date Program people who received the "Code already been used" message for Mountain Lion so they're going back and sending out more codes to those people who got that message. Said I should receive it in the next 24 hours.

nevermind, thanks.

bogus
Jul 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
So this is interesting. Like everyone else, my original redemption code was falsely recognized as already used. Sent an email to Apple Support last night, got a new redemption code this morning.

Except when I redeemed the code, instead of automatically downloading Mountain Lion, it downloaded Mountain Lion Server.

cwagz78
Jul 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 10:36 AM
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.

cwagz78
Jul 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.

They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...

Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.

cwagz78
Jul 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.

I don't think they will pull it. They probably can but even if you get a refund on an iOS app they leave it in your account...

Patnukem
Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mine too was for mountain lion server? this is stupid, 3rd times the charm?

cwagz78
Jul 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mine too was for mountain lion server? this is stupid, 3rd times the charm?

Hey at least we know we are not the only ones. They are going to have to say they did this on purpose even if it was a mistake.

fairplayinc
Jul 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
Yep. I also got OSX Server. Wtf apple!?!?

I called and they said to send in another email to uptodatesupport. Email sent.

Time will tell.

cwagz78
Jul 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yep. I also got OSX Server. Wtf apple!?!?

I called and they said to send in another email to uptodatesupport. Email sent.

Time will tell.

Maybe we will get Final Cut next time

----------

Maybe we will get Final Cut next time

Or AutoCAD, that would be nice

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
If I got a new code for FCPX I would seriously get up and start dancing. (And I don't dance!)

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
I got my *new* code, but it is for OS X SERVER.

How can I download it? I want to save it as well, it is under the purchased items, but there is no download option, only install...

:confused:

merebeldith
Jul 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...

This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.

tmp0404
Jul 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
I also got a code for OS X server on my second request from Apple, so it took them about 28 hours from my initial request to the get the wrong one. I called Apple on the phone, got the should have yet another code in 24 -48 hours. I somewhat understand the initial snafu, but to wait 28 hours only to get a code for OS X server, it's just mind boggling. Boy they really blew this whole thing.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BenMero
Jul 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again :(

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?

merebeldith
Jul 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.

Ok, they also told me to email uptodatesupport@apple.com and said they are currently trying to sort it out. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind and accommodating, but this entire process is SO frustrating! I agree with the previous poster. I was excited to get Mountain Lion, only to receive a code that had "already been used." I was more excited today, only to receive a code that downloaded OSX server. What gives?! This is exasperating!

----------

For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again :(

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?

Hey, at least your code took you to the correct download! :o I would stick with it a while longer.

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 11:59 AM
I got my *new* code, but it is for OS X SERVER.

How can I download it? I want to save it as well, it is under the purchased items, but there is no download option, only install...

:confused:
OS X ML needs to be installed to use OS X Server

djmoody
Jul 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Was given OSX Server, which is not compatible with non-mountain lion Computers

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Just got my 3rd code and it redeemed Mountain Lion this time.

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
How can we download OS X Server? I am not asking installing but just downloading? :confused:

sloncek
Jul 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
Just spoke with them on the phone since I am still waiting for my first code... They told me I will have to wait for up to 48 more hours and that they are doing this to control the 'flow' so that the servers dont crash...... .....

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Soooo...

1) already used
2) sever (you got that code today, correct?)
3) ML

How can we download OS X Server? I am not asking installing but just downloading? :confused:
You need to have OS X ML downloaded and installed on your Mac in order to download Server.

merebeldith
Jul 26, 2012, 12:45 PM

Same here... downloading now. Whew!

ugp
Jul 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
Soooo...

1) already used
2) sever (you got that code today, correct?)
3) ML

You need to have OS X ML downloaded and installed on your Mac in order to download Server.

Correct.

fairplayinc
Jul 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Finally got my 3rd set of codes as well. Finally have ML downloading.

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Finally got another code... This time it works fine.

1st one was INVALID
2nd one was OS X Server
3rd one was for Mountain Lion:cool:

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
Did you have to call apple for the third code, or was it automatic?

hallux
Jul 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
I originally had a "bad" code. This afternoon I got 4 emails in the space of 2 hours, 2 pair of redemption code/PDF password emails. I wonder if the codes that redeem for OS X Server will still work or if they deactivated those, not that I have a machine to put Server on...

I did nothing to prompt the re-issue of my codes, it was all automatic. I have not yet tested either of the new ones, but I'm about to try, even if I don't actually download it yet.

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
Did you have to call apple for the third code, or was it automatic?

To get the 2nd code, I emailed them 3 times. Once I noticed the 2nd code was for OS X Server, I sent another 2 emails to get the working 3rd code.:cool:

BenMero
Jul 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Looks like a new batch of codes have just been sent out, whats the waiting times for downloads like for any of you? I knew it would probably be hefty but mine is really starting to bug me :eek:

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Just got the 1st (third) email automatically. Waiting on the PDF.

sevimli
Jul 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
Looks like a new batch of codes have just been sent out, whats the waiting times for downloads like for any of you? I knew it would probably be hefty but mine is really starting to bug me :eek:

44min.

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm keeping track. :D

:mad:

mofi007
Jul 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
My first password was ok but the content code didn't work saying its been used before then I receieved a second email with an invalid password so I'm not even able to get the new content code. I sent coue of emails to apple but still no response. Please help

TheWelshBoyo
Jul 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hurrah! Finally got my code.

dyn
Jul 26, 2012, 04:26 PM
I've only got 1 part, I'm waiting for the pdf to arrive. Fingers crossed it will be a working code for Mountain Lion.

Prof.
Jul 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
I've only got 1 part, I'm waiting for the pdf to arrive. Fingers crossed it will be a working code for Mountain Lion.
Same here; only got the first email. I've been waiting for the PDF for 3.5 hours now. AppleCare says up to 72 hours. :rolleyes:

dyn
Jul 26, 2012, 04:53 PM
Apparently posting about it helps. Got the pdf and the code is working. ML is downloading so we have fun at work tomorrow :)

chvanden
Jul 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
First code sent for Up-To-Date program failed, sent to support, 2nd failed, now received 3rd email with code for unlocking pdf, yet no email with pdf to unlock. Going to Genius Bar tomorrow.

toptekjon
Jul 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
I submitted my code request first thing in the morning yesterday (launch day), and still haven't received a single message of any kind from apple.

I just sent them a support email, so hopefully that will help.

I did however torrent a copy of 10.8 and it's running beautifully!
F Apple for this entire program. What a joke!

chvanden
Jul 26, 2012, 11:01 PM
This afternoon about 4 PM received my third email with code for pdf file. But no accompanying email with pdf attached. Finally at 8 PM received pdf that produced yet another redeem code. This third code now has ML downloading. Now to cancel my Genius Bar appointment

UG.Frontera
Jul 27, 2012, 04:50 AM
Got my new codes 10am (i'm in the uk). I had raised a case with apple support though.

Got mine at 1am this morning. Can't wait to get home now and try this out.