PDA

View Full Version : Slow internet - download in work?

Fed
Jul 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
My internet connection at home is horrible slow. I'm in work at the minute on a Win7 laptop. Is it possible to download a copy here for me to then transfer to my Mac when I'm home?

AppleDApp
Jul 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
No Mountain lion has to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. If your mac is portable bring it in to work and download then or go to a coffee shop or something.

heisenberg123
Jul 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
My internet connection at home is horrible slow. I'm in work at the minute on a Win7 laptop. Is it possible to download a copy here for me to then transfer to my Mac when I'm home?

in theory you can download a mac file on a pc, and vice versa but can you access the MAS on a PC?

AppleDApp
Jul 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
in theory you can download a mac file on a pc, and vice versa but can you access the MAS on a PC?

No.

Fed
Jul 25, 2012, 08:47 AM
No Mountain lion has to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. If your mac is portable bring it in to work and download then or go to a coffee shop or something.

I thought as much. It was worth asking... if not to laugh at myself.

Steve.P.JobsFan
Jul 25, 2012, 08:50 AM
Just like when Apple released Mac OS X Lion, Apple will let you go to an Apple Store, and use their Wi-Fi. At the Apple Store, Briarwood in Ann Arbor, MI, we get about 20 Mbp/s down. Each store might be different, though. So, if your home internet is slow, pack your iMac/MacBook Pro, etc., hop in the car, and hit the expressway for the Apple Store! :p