PDA

View Full Version : Lion not available for download?

blackboxxx
Jul 25, 2012, 09:07 AM
It seems that Mountain Lion now has taken over Lion in the App Store everywhere, Lion isn't even in the purchases list anymore.

I assumed that since ML is a new 'app' and not a free update, it would simply appear in the list of purchases alongside Lion, but this is not the case.

In case I need to re-download 10.7.4 for testing purposes, I can't even access my legally purchased software! That is just ridiculous.

So, if anyone reading this needs to reinstall Lion in the future, download and save the installer now, before purchasing ML.

knifeyspooney
Jul 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
damn, I was hoping for it to be in the Purchases list. I'll probably upgrade to ML, and use my brothers Macbook to download Lion if I feel I need to downgrade back. I'll also keep the download file for ML and save that on a drive if I ever want to go back.

Zarkizon
Jul 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, I noticed this as well. I'm a little upset that I spent $30 on Lion and now I can't download it again (just in the event that I need to download Lion on an older Mac). Lion was missing from my Purchases, but it returned, but now when I click on it, it says that it is no longer available in the US store.

Perhaps this issue will be fixed soon though.

Oldmanmac
Jul 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
So, what about, say the 2011 iMacs, that came with Lion? It was digital, so there was no CD, unlike previous version of the OS.

Mr. Retrofire
Jul 25, 2012, 10:09 AM
It seems that Mountain Lion now has taken over Lion in the App Store everywhere, Lion isn't even in the purchases list anymore.
Apple updates OS X Lion to 10.7.5. So wait a bit. Make sure (account preferences) that the App Store shows "hidden" updates/apps.

----------

So, what about, say the 2011 iMacs, that came with Lion? It was digital, so there was no CD, unlike previous version of the OS.
Calm down and wait.

blackboxxx
Jul 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yep, Lion is now back in the purchases list!

I guess it was just a temporary glitch.

Richdmoore
Jul 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
I had lion available to redownload the whole time. I did notice that you can't access the purchase page, so I guess those who haven't previously purchased lion, yet have a incompatible computer setup for mountain lion (Macbook 2,1 for example) are out of luck for the immediate future to upgrade. I would guess it is a very small set of users however.

kob424
Jul 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
what about people that never had lion but can't upgrade to mountain lion? I was in the process of getting more ram, but now see lion is gone...

Richdmoore
Jul 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
what about people that never had lion but can't upgrade to mountain lion? I was in the process of getting more ram, but now see lion is gone...

Right now you are going to have to find someone who already purchased it to put lion on a USB stick or DVD. Not the most legal thing, but I guess you do what you have to do.

Hopefully apple will soon again allow purchases of Lion for those users who may want to still buy it. At least they should make some mechanism available for those who have computers that are incompatible with mountain lion to at least upgrade to lion.