Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lazlow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I'm installing ML as an upgrade from Lion, and my progress bar is at 100% but says -12 minutes remaining... and that number keeps increasing. Anyone else get that? Will it eventually stop? I think I might get forced to hold down the power button, which is never good...

lunaticpanda101

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Exact same thing happened to me, then the bar deceased by half and it said 19 minutes remaining. Now it's stuck there.

----------

Now it's gone down to 18 minutes. In that case, my best advice is just to wait.

jflipb

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
Same thing, but installed eventually

I noticed the exact same thing as above. However, after patiently waiting, it eventually installed. So the advice to just "wait it out" is perfect.

It stays stuck at 19 minutes for a while. It will push through it.

i2romantis

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
You could restart, it will simply restart from scratch

If you wonder what happens when you restart your mac in this case, I can tell you that in my case it restarted the process from scratch. I saw a number of suggestions and considering that my 2 other macs installed without any issues, I simply restarted my mac mini and it's restarting at the beginning (37 minutes left).

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
My mid 2010 mac mini took quite a while to install. I went out to run some errands and was gone for at least an hour and it was just restarting when I came back.

The other macs at home all installed much faster.

barnetda

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm installing ML as an upgrade from Lion, and my progress bar is at 100% but says -12 minutes remaining... and that number keeps increasing. Anyone else get that? Will it eventually stop? I think I might get forced to hold down the power button, which is never good...

Same happened to me but it then worked. just be patient and it will be fine. mine went to -19 i think and then resumed and took another 20 mins

s3ans3an

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I can also confirm the same issue - Upgrading from latest Lion os with most recent updates to ML on 2011 MBP i5 8GB Ram - Progress bar read 100% with less than a minute... then -1 minute and so on and so on until it read -10minutes, then changed to about 19 minutes remaining... still chugging away. Im assuming it was some tiding up it was doing during install.

I made a full TM back up and used Onyx & disk utility to ensure my disks and permissions were all ok so im not sure whats occurring i guess patience is the key.

Thought it was worth while posting so other users know they are not alone!
cheers all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.