Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackened Apple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Hey everyone,

Looking for a new main e-mail account to go along with my new MBA I'll be getting about a week from today. So, how would I get a @me.com or @icloud.com mail account? And which of them would I get?

Cheers

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
Hey everyone,

Looking for a new main e-mail account to go along with my new MBA I'll be getting about a week from today. So, how would I get a @me.com or @icloud.com mail account? And which of them would I get?

Cheers

You can get one within icloud (Mails & Notes) on ML.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
you won't get me.com these days.

Go to mail on iCloud.com and set it up, choose wisely though you only get one chance to set it.

Gmail is probably better though.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
you won't get me.com these days.

Go to mail on iCloud.com and set it up, choose wisely though you only get one chance to set it.

Gmail is probably better though.

Oh you wont?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 2.22.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 2.22.53 PM.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 294

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
@me.com addresses are issued with iOS5.x.x

@iCloud.com are issued with iOS6.x.x

@gmail.com is a far better, more reliable, solution.

I used @me.com for over two years.

On April 9th 2004 just 8 days after it's launch I received an invitation to use @gmail.com. For the first year of it's existence Gmail was by invitation only during the beta phase, then in April of 2005 they opened it up for the general public.

Although I've used Yahoo, and a few others for subscriptions and alerts, I've been very happy and completely satisfied with Gmail as my main account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.