Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvanberlo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
The Netherlands
Hi,

What's everyone's recovery partition named? For some reason the ML installer decided to name mine Recovery-10.8 instead of the old Recovery HD. Just wondering if something got messed up somewhere... This happened both on a Lion->ML upgrade and clean install using USB stick.

Also, anyone actually verify what Internet Recovery installs if you upgraded to ML?

Thanks!

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I know when I was using 10.8 GM release from a few weeks ago, the recovery partition was called Recovery-10.8. I guess they didn't change it on final (?).

I'll check my new install (I'm just in the middle of a time machine backup) and post back.

EDIT: Yep, it's called Recovery-10.8

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi,

What's everyone's recovery partition named? For some reason the ML installer decided to name mine Recovery-10.8 instead of the old Recovery HD. Just wondering if something got messed up somewhere... This happened both on a Lion->ML upgrade and clean install using USB stick.

Also, anyone actually verify what Internet Recovery installs if you upgraded to ML?

Thanks!

I did an upgrade from Lion to ML and mine is still Recovery HD. As I understand it, it will only be called Recovery 10.8 if you did a clean install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.