Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hddr3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Hello, I bought a used Powerbook G3 PDQ (walstreet II) off ebay a week or so ago, and I received it and it doesn't power on (also there are major cracks in the screen).
The seller did include a picture of it booted to Mac OS9.2.2, but for some reason it wont power on for me, or let alone even show any life left in it (nothing happens when powered).
Does it maybe have a dead PRAM battery? There isn't much info on the internet about the PDQ model, so I can't figure out how to disassemble it. I've tried many ways to take it apart such as lift the tabs on the top row of the keyboard, no luck.
If anyone has any ideas on how I can get it powered on will be greatly appreciated :) If not, I'm sending it back to the guy who sold me it (unicomri)
If anyone needs, here is the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Power...27097587?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item35be5dfdf3

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Contact the seller. Was the box it shipped in damaged in anyway? You may have been sold a dead machine with a picture of a good machine, although the amount of positive feedback seems to say otherwise. If the seller won't take it back and the shipping company isn't to blame, you may be able to file a claim with eBay/PayPal and get your money back.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
Hello, I bought a used Powerbook G3 PDQ (walstreet II) off ebay a week or so ago, and I received it and it doesn't power on (also there are major cracks in the screen).
The seller did include a picture of it booted to Mac OS9.2.2, but for some reason it wont power on for me, or let alone even show any life left in it (nothing happens when powered).
Does it maybe have a dead PRAM battery? There isn't much info on the internet about the PDQ model, so I can't figure out how to disassemble it. I've tried many ways to take it apart such as lift the tabs on the top row of the keyboard, no luck.
If anyone has any ideas on how I can get it powered on will be greatly appreciated :) If not, I'm sending it back to the guy who sold me it (unicomri)
If anyone needs, here is the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Power...27097587?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item35be5dfdf3

Sounds like you got scammed :/ I would demand a refund.

hddr3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Contact the seller. Was the box it shipped in damaged in anyway? You may have been sold a dead machine with a picture of a good machine, although the amount of positive feedback seems to say otherwise. If the seller won't take it back and the shipping company isn't to blame, you may be able to file a claim with eBay/PayPal and get your money back.
I just did contact him, we already had shipping issues with him and he responded "I can't do anything about it", so I'm just as much expecting something from him like that back for this issue. If all else fails, I will file a claim on ebay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.