Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shante1012

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Florida
I searched the forum but couldn't find this mentioned. I'm sorry if it is duplicated. Does any one use Onlive service on their Mac? If so, How does it perform, share PRO's and Con's of using it

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
The Pros are that it will run any game on just about any hardware.
The Cons are obviously latency, although some people claim it's fine, I've tested it and It is not for me

You should look around the web for reviews, mac and PC version should be identical.

shante1012

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Florida
The Pros are that it will run any game on just about any hardware.
The Cons are obviously latency, although some people claim it's fine, I've tested it and It is not for me

You should look around the web for reviews, mac and PC version should be identical.

Can you tell me about your experience with it?

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
Onlive - finally - launched in Belgium and I gave it a test drive this morning. Whilst it has some slight lag problems, (Noticable but to be expected whilst playing on a WiFi connection, I guess.) the worst thing for me is the resolution. I can't seem to adjust it and it does not seem like 1080p at all. (That or my eyes are spoiled by my RMBP's display.) Never the less it is cheap and it allows to play high end games on mediocre machines and it is all in the cloud, which is a big bonus when working with multiple devices.

Would I prefer playing Batman via Onlive rather than on my gaming rig? Absolutely not; but for people without the funds to buy into a good gaming rig or a console; Onlive is quite a good deal. :)

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
They have some aggressive sales, I got Space Marine for $1.

When my MBA arrives I'll try OL again to see if it works OK over wifi. In the past, it did not. But my home network is a solid 50mbs now so it should work.

deepsidhu943

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
About the OnLive Game Service

OnLive offers everything from AAA blockbusters to multiplayer titles to quirky indie hits and more. Play what you like à la carte, or subscribe to the OnLive PlayPack for unlimited access to a growing library of more than 200 console-class games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.