PDA

View Full Version : HP iPod

Cfg5
Jul 31, 2005, 10:44 PM
Alright, my brother's birthday is this Wednesday, and my parents got him and iPod mini. When I looked at it they actually got the HP iPod mini. Is there any real difference between the two? Also, is there an HP logo on the back instead of the apple logo? Finally, does it work with a mac?

Capt Underpants
Jul 31, 2005, 10:52 PM
Alright, my brother's birthday is this Wednesday, and my parents got him and iPod mini. When I looked at it they actually got the HP iPod mini. Is there any real difference between the two? Also, is there an HP logo on the back instead of the apple logo? Finally, does it work with a mac?

No, there is no difference. Yes, it will work with a mac.

I didn't even know HP resold iPod mini's, though. :confused:

OryHara
Jul 31, 2005, 11:07 PM
the only diffrence should be that ugly HP logo

Cfg5
Jul 31, 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm definitely going back with my mom to return it. My brother's saving up for an iMac G5 too and I know he doesn't want any PC in his setup when he gets it.

chucknorris
Aug 1, 2005, 01:41 AM
I'm definitely going back with my mom to return it. My brother's saving up for an iMac G5 too and I know he doesn't want any PC in his setup when he gets it.

Buy from the education store either over the phone, or online. Very little verification is needed. Much cheaper that way! (Unless time is a consideration...)

grapes911
Aug 1, 2005, 07:31 AM
No, there is no difference. Yes, it will work with a mac.
For future reference, the only difference is that HP doesn't give Mac support. And from some accounts, their Windows support is slightly superior to Apple's. I guess its a moot point because you are now returning it and HP stopped selling iPods.

applemacdude
Aug 1, 2005, 09:22 AM
For future reference, the only difference is that HP doesn't give Mac support. And from some accounts, their Windows support is slightly superior to Apple's. I guess its a moot point because you are now returning it and HP stopped selling iPods.

Yes they do give support for macs......

grapes911
Aug 1, 2005, 12:34 PM
Yes they do give support for macs......
I've read this in a couple of reviews:
On the other hand, HP will not support an HP iPod running on a Mac.link (http://playlistmag.com/features/2004/09/hpodvsipod/index.php)

applemacdude
Aug 1, 2005, 07:21 PM
when i called tehm for support they guideddd me thru all the steps to reformat my ipod(even tho i knew how)