Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sissified84

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Hey guys... I am hoping to sync my google tasks with Reminders in Mountain Lion. It seems to be possible, but I can't make it work. Any ideas or comments?

Thank you very much!

jpbl1976

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys... I am hoping to sync my google tasks with Reminders in Mountain Lion. It seems to be possible, but I can't make it work. Any ideas or comments?

Thank you very much!

I've also been searching for this. I've been playing with Mountain Lion for the past 5 hours and I haven't figured it out yet. I really want this feature since it will allow me to sync between my Mac, PC, iDevices and even across to my Android devices.

starvindarvind

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
I've also been searching for this. I've been playing with Mountain Lion for the past 5 hours and I haven't figured it out yet. I really want this feature since it will allow me to sync between my Mac, PC, iDevices and even across to my Android devices.

I totally agree.
I really like the feel of Mountain Lion.
If I could just get Google Tasks to coordinate with Reminders, it would be perfect!

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
Not sure I even understand this yet. Google can be added as an account for Reminders (Calendars & Reminders) either through System Preferences or directly from the Reminders application. But I don't see where it syncs to??!

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Not sure I even understand this yet. Google can be added as an account for Reminders (Calendars & Reminders) either through System Preferences or directly from the Reminders application. But I don't see where it syncs to??!

I don't think this ever worked, OSX or iOS. AFIK reminders only syncs to iCloud.

drewmoh

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
I don't think this ever worked, OSX or iOS. AFIK reminders only syncs to iCloud.

You're right, but I think the poster as well as myself were hoping that with Mountain Lion's NEW seamless Google Calendar integration...Google Tasks->Reminders would come to. The app even implies this is the case.

What do I mean by seamless?

You add a Google Calendar account:
- It is merged with iCloud and appears in Calendar app on Mac
- It appears on iOS devices
- It comes up under the new Mountain Lion Notifications

Yes, you could setup Google Calendar in Lion without using a third party service like

But it was not seamless at all, especially with iOS.

Really, it's just perfect for Google Calendar Events, so it's really disappointing (IMO) that the same hasn't been done for Reminders.

I won't just put Apple at fault. Google Tasks has been so slow to add features it's pathetic. They finally got their API last year and they still don't have recurring. Apple may have felt they couldn't create the experience they if they synced with Google Tasks or weren't confident in Google on consistency in the API (I hope it changes!)

But the issue again is that Reminders GIVES THE IMPRESSION that it will sync Google Tasks just like calendar events...

5rJR+

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Has anyone found a workaround for this? Is there an app available that will allow me to use a widget or something to access Google Tasks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.