PDA

View Full Version : Video Corruption in games, then a crash.

WannabeSQ
Nov 10, 2002, 12:00 AM
I have had a problem with Warcraft 3 where the graphics sometimes get glitched, but the game still runs fine. I have a screenshot, not of the game, but of what the graphics look like. If someone tells me how to take a screenshot from inside a game, I will post one. I thought it was isolated to warcraft, but I experienced the same thing in the demo of Ghost Recon. I have an image stored on my iDisk, if someone can show me how to link it here that would be helpful. Basically it looks like some pixels are in the wrong place. What could be causing this? I suspect it is my video card, as I bought it from eBay and suspect it to be a flashed PC version. How can I find out if it is Mac or PC version?

WannabeSQ
Nov 14, 2002, 06:14 PM
Well, i have a little update, I didnt do anything to the game, but now am running 10.2.2 and havent seen the glitch yet *fingers crossed* Also, before 10.2.2 when i got the glitch, i used the "sleep" command and when it woke up, the graphics were back to normal. Does this mean anything?

And id still like to know if there is a way to tell if the card is Mac or a flashed PC card.