Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I need to do a project in flash or after effects. I have extracted a movie clip in Mpeg format. Can i import that into Flash MX, or do i need to convert it to edit it. Also can import and mpeg 4 file into after effects.

also on a side note, because i could have extracted this clip as an h.264 file, is that supported by final cut pro. and after editing it in FCP 5, what would i export it as to take it into flash mx?

Any help is appreciate. Thanks.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Simple answer: try it! Flash MX usually handles most things that you throw at it.

On a different note, try not to compress video till the last stage. The reason for this is each conversion from compressed to uncompressed, back to compressed degrades the quality a bit more.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
FCP can handle all formats supported by QuickTime. That would include H.264. Why would you want to code into H.264 if you still want to edit it later? Just export as a QT movie than you dont have to deal with the compression. Where are you getting the footage from?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.