PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion/Apple TV Mirroring Quality?

rhino89
Jul 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
When you are mirroring a ML display onto your TV with ATV2, how does the quality compare to the original on your mac? Is the video distorted or pixelated? Is there any lag between audio and video (when a person's mouth and sound doesn't quite match, for example)?

Thinking of buying a Mac in the next few months, and this is an important issue for me. Thanks!

squirrelist
Jul 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
In my experience there is a lag from the computer to the Apple TV, though the video and audio both have the same lag so it's not a problem unless you're watching the video on your Mac and listening to the audio from your TV. It is pretty processor intensive so it doesn't work well for games and stuff, but it's fine for Hulu or Amazon video. It hiccups occasionally but I live in a high-rise with lots of WiFi networks so that might be an issue. I am going to try to get my Apple TV on ethernet soon so I'll see if that makes a difference.

soulreaver99
Jul 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm running a 2012 mac book air and there is a lag, and some stuttering on videos. Not sure of anyone else has this problem.

eeclipse16
Jul 27, 2012, 04:09 AM
When you are mirroring a ML display onto your TV with ATV2, how does the quality compare to the original on your mac? Is the video distorted or pixelated? Is there any lag between audio and video (when a person's mouth and sound doesn't quite match, for example)?

Thinking of buying a Mac in the next few months, and this is an important issue for me. Thanks!

here is a sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mylt3HiqX1I

scarletspider21
Jul 27, 2012, 11:01 AM
*oops wrong thread*