PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Game Ever: Metal Slug 3

Renzatic
Jul 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
I rarely ever start threads. Never know when I'm repeating something someone else has said. I hate being embarrassed, and don't think I could bear the shame and derision that would be heaped upon me. My skin is thin, and I cry easily. It's really tragic.

But there are some things that are worth the risk of complete social pariahesness. A sunrise on a foggy morn. The look of true love and adoration in a beautiful woman's eyes. Long walks on the beach. The laugher of a child.

...and the Metal Slug games.

These are things worth taking the plunge for. Things that make life worth living. And finding out Metal Slug 3 being available for iOS? Well, I'm not ashamed to admit that it suddenly made me feel that life was beautful. The moment I saw it on the App Store, I screamed like a little girl at a Beatles concert. Even did the thing where I ball up my fists and shake while squealing the squeal of utter delight.

So what are the Metal Slug games? If you're old and crotchety like I am, you'll probably get what I'm saying when I say they're like Contra. Only considerably more action packed, over the top cartoonishly violent, and don't take themselves seriously at all. It's a game where you can watch a whole row of soldiers die in a spray of gore, then eat too many bananas and get fat while a monkey with a machine gun helps cover your six.

Plus you can drive vehicles around. I can't stress this point enough, because it is an awesome point. You can get into a tank, or a submarine, or some mech walker looking thing, and blow stuff up. It is...

...my God. Spectacular.

But enough of me blabbering about. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth a billion trillion. Since I don't feel quite like typing that much, here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw1ZJYRaO4).

Then, after you watch this video, you can go here (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/metal-slug-3/id530060483?mt=8) and buy it for 7 bucks.

...unless you're some sort of cheap bastard. Comeon. It's 7 bucks for endless amounts of entertainment. I spent more on a crappy hamburger earlier today.

You owe it to yourself to play this.