Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gimlids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
I have a triple boot situation, with reFIT and OS X Lion, Ubuntu, and Windows 7. Mid 2009 MBP. Whhhhhhhaaaaat do I do... besides nuking everything and starting from scratch...?

8YAlY.jpg

terminus

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2007
I have a triple boot situation, with reFIT and OS X Lion, Ubuntu, and Windows 7. Mid 2009 MBP. Whhhhhhhaaaaat do I do... besides nuking everything and starting from scratch...?

I have no advice yet, but I am facing exactly the same problem. Will post back if I find the answer.

Last edited:

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I think you have to delete the Macintosh HD first before it accepts it to install there by opening disk utility from the instalation menu

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Nothing. Start from scratch. OS X does not support other boot loaders, but other boot loaders support OS X (and Windows, Linux, ...).

terminus

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2007
Fixed

OK, I fixed it. What you need to do is to make sure you have a functioning Recovery Partition under Lion before you try the upgrade to Mountain Lion. Following these instructions worked for me. I didn't lose anything - not even my Ubuntu partition. Enjoying the Mountain Lion goodness!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.