Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pkrdonk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hi All

Total apple noob question for you.

I bought the new iPad last week, and before embarking on an overseas journey I synced in photos from my last trip in order to organise/delete them while I am overseas and to learn how to use my iPad a bit.

Much to my amazement I can't seem to delete any imported photos from the iPad!!! I can delete ones from the camera roll i have taken on the iPad but that does not help me organise my imported photos.

I have looked on a few forums and basically it seems I have to connect to the computer I synced through originally and unsync that folder. The problem is that computer is in another country for the next 4 months.

Anyway I am getting frustrated. I have uploaded several thousand photos and have nearly no space left on my iPad, I thought i would just delete photos to make room. If anyone has a way to selectively remove photos (i want to keep some of them) without syncing please let me know. I would really like to avoid syncing to a different computer as I have been told that causes all sorts of problems.

Thanking you all in advance

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry, you seem to have stumbled on the big "blind" spot in the way the iPad is set up. I think this is being fixed in the next major OS update (iOS 6), but that doesn't help you now. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to selectively delete those photos. Your only options appear to be to delete ALL photos (by restoring the iPad) or to keep all of them. What else do you have on your iPad? If you do decide to restore your iPad, then we'll need to consider how to backup and restore any other stuff you have on your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.