Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Dear All,

Is Back to My Mac working for everyone between Lion and Mountain Lion machines?

Back to my Mac from Lion MacBook Air to Lion iMac was working perfectly. Now, after Mountain Lion install, I cannot remotely access my Lion iMac (don't want to update until I know everything will work - tetchy work applications), from my Mountain Lion McBook Air.

When on the local network can connect ML MBA to Lion iMac. Logged into iCloud on both machines and back to my mac switched on on the Lion iMac.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Nigel

brightlion

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Back to My Mac

I am having the exact same issue. Back to My Mac has worked great from my MBP Lion to my remote Mini Lion. After upgrading to Mountain Lion I can no longer connect to my remote Lion Mini using my MBP with Mountain Lion. It shows Connection Failed. I can still connect to the remote Mini Lion with other local computers still running Lion. For some reason I can connect from my MBP Mountain Lion to my local network computers using Lion, I just can no longer connect to the remote computer. Any ideas???

brightlion

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
My computers show up in finder under shared but when I try to connect it shows Connection Failed. I can local network Back to My Mac ML to Lion but when I try it on a remote computer over the internet it fails. I called Apple Tech Support about it and they hadn't seen the problem yet. They started to blame my router settings until I told them other computers with Lion on the network connect fine. They said they would call me back. If I find a solution I will post it here.

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
To get mine to work under ML I had to go into sys prefs under icloud and turn on Back to My Mac on my laptop. That's not something I had to do under Lion.

steve772

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
My computers show up in finder under shared but when I try to connect it shows Connection Failed. I can local network Back to My Mac ML to Lion but when I try it on a remote computer over the internet it fails. I called Apple Tech Support about it and they hadn't seen the problem yet. They started to blame my router settings until I told them other computers with Lion on the network connect fine. They said they would call me back. If I find a solution I will post it here.

Any solution yet? This is exactly my issue as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.