Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
From reading through various threads and peoples sigs I can see that there are a growing number that have ordered their 1Ghz Ti's, but I haven't seen anyone yet who's ordered the 867Mhz model just released.
I to am considering buying a Ti, I know I deffinatly don't want the SuperDrive (already have one in my QuickSilver), so I'd either get the 1Ghz, 1Gb, COMBO or 867Mhz, 1Gb, COMBO.
Do you think that the 133Mhz difference will realy be noticable, is it worth the extra cost?

Raiden

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2002
Well with the higher processor, and radeon mobility 9000, id say it will be worth it, and at its price, I bet it is a good alternative to those who dont want to spend >3000 on a labtop.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I just looked at the specs. on Apple's web site. Both have the Radeon 9000. The 867 has 32MB video RAM, and the 1 GHz has 64MB.

You won't be able to upgrade the video RAM but it depends on how it's being used. If you use two displays and both need Quartz Extreme acceleration, the 64MB will be adventageous. If you're playing games, I don't think that the extra memory will be used.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Well, lets get to the point... if you want a PowerBook to use on the go doing simple things, you no use for the 1GHz machine.

You have a QS for your hardcore stuff so unless you intend to do some gaming or something like that, the extra RAM in the graphics card won't make a lick of difference and you will barely care for the processor upgrade.

I have a 1GHz on order because it will be my primary machine (will be selling the PM533) and I do graphics and a little gaming and I want to burn DVDs for my customers. If I had a QS with a superdrive, though, and I was buying a PB just so I could take my work to my clients offices and show them what I am doing ect. and do a little work at home, I would get the 867.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.