Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kronborg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
To those with Mountain Lion and an Apple TV; how well does AirPlay Mirroring handle 720p and 1080p movies? I don't mind some lag, as long as the framerate is at least as good as the framerate of the movie (i.e. ~ 24 fps). Must depend on the hardware used, including the speed of the wireless AP, so please note yours with your observations. Thanks!

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
To those with Mountain Lion and an Apple TV; how well does AirPlay Mirroring handle 720p and 1080p movies? I don't mind some lag, as long as the framerate is at least as good as the framerate of the movie (i.e. ~ 24 fps). Must depend on the hardware used, including the speed of the wireless AP, so please note yours with your observations. Thanks!

So far, for me, wireless mirroring has been horribly laggy. Like to the point that audio stutters if all I am doing is playing music on spotify. Movie playback is a lost cause (unless you use iTunes...in which case it is no different than it was in lion.) I haven't seen a way to only stream a specific applications output. Seems to be iTunes....or screen mirroring. There is no option even in Quicktime to airplay.

I'm hoping these issues are corrected in upcoming software updates...but as it stands...Air Parrot does a better job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.