PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Word auto save location Lion

TyShawn
Jul 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
I am trying help my wife find a missing test paper that is now missing from her Mac. She has worked on this paper for days and for some reason this morning it went missing. I have looked in documents and even where multiple link states where the auto save folder should be, but I am still not able to locate her missing file.

/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Saved Attachments
/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/"Saved Attachments" <--This folder is missing.

Please help

GGJstudios
Jul 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
I am trying help my wife find a missing test paper that is now missing from her Mac. She has worked on this paper for days and for some reason this morning it went missing. I have looked in documents and even where multiple link states where the auto save folder should be, but I am still not able to locate her missing file.

/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Saved Attachments
/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/"Saved Attachments" <--This folder is missing.

Please help
Have you looked in Word > Preferences > File locations?

Also, have you searched for the document with Finder?

Also, have you tried Word > File > Open Recent?

TyShawn
Jul 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
First let me thank you for your time and suggestions.

Have you looked in Word > Preferences > File locations? Yes, nothing listed beside auto recovery files

Also, have you searched for the document with Finder? Yes no luck

Also, have you tried Word > File > Open Recent? Yes and not listed

GGJstudios
Jul 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
Also, have you searched for the document with Finder? Yes no luck
How, exactly, did you search?

TyShawn
Jul 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
I searched for the name of the file I also searched for "autosave" found that on Google also searched for words with in the doc.

GGJstudios
Jul 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
I searched for the name of the file I also searched for "autosave" found that on Google also searched for words with in the doc.
You did the search in Finder, not Spotlight? And you made sure you were searching your whole Mac, and not just a folder?

TyShawn
Jul 26, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yes I did verify that it was in finder and the whole drive.

TyShawn
Jul 27, 2012, 06:08 PM
Wife just restyled her paper.