Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I am trying help my wife find a missing test paper that is now missing from her Mac. She has worked on this paper for days and for some reason this morning it went missing. I have looked in documents and even where multiple link states where the auto save folder should be, but I am still not able to locate her missing file.

/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Saved Attachments
/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/"Saved Attachments" <--This folder is missing.

Please help

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I am trying help my wife find a missing test paper that is now missing from her Mac. She has worked on this paper for days and for some reason this morning it went missing. I have looked in documents and even where multiple link states where the auto save folder should be, but I am still not able to locate her missing file.

/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Saved Attachments
/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/"Saved Attachments" <--This folder is missing.

Please help
Have you looked in Word > Preferences > File locations?

Also, have you searched for the document with Finder?

Also, have you tried Word > File > Open Recent?

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
First let me thank you for your time and suggestions.

Have you looked in Word > Preferences > File locations? Yes, nothing listed beside auto recovery files

Also, have you searched for the document with Finder? Yes no luck

Also, have you tried Word > File > Open Recent? Yes and not listed

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I searched for the name of the file I also searched for "autosave" found that on Google also searched for words with in the doc.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I searched for the name of the file I also searched for "autosave" found that on Google also searched for words with in the doc.
You did the search in Finder, not Spotlight? And you made sure you were searching your whole Mac, and not just a folder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.