Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Tacky, sure, and I didn't do it in pure white because I thought it would stand out more, but here's my Dictation key until someone actually comes with the idea of actually selling them to us. :rolleyes:

dictationkey.jpg

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
That's awesome! Would you show us the process of how to make one?

Well, I have a Polaroid PoGo Printer that prints out photos you can stick on whatever, so I just made a 2x3 print on that.

I took apart the icon from this tutorial and made it simple. Then I resized it a few times so I wouldn't have to print over and over again. Then I cut it out as a small rectangle and peeled it off and trimmed it a bit afterwards so it would fit better.

You don't want the sticker too thin, otherwise it probably wouldn't come off if you needed to take it in.

Attachments

• Dictation.psd
    97.3 KB · Views: 103

Nice

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
Wow thank you, sending it right now into my cutting plotter :)

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Well, I have a Polaroid PoGo Printer that prints out photos you can stick on whatever, so I just made a 2x3 print on that.

I took apart the icon from this tutorial and made it simple. Then I resized it a few times so I wouldn't have to print over and over again. Then I cut it out as a small rectangle and peeled it off and trimmed it a bit afterwards so it would fit better.

You don't want the sticker too thin, otherwise it probably wouldn't come off if you needed to take it in.

Oh I wish someone could make MAC tutorial on that siri logo...

Btw very nice idea!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.