Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Cfly said:
does anyone know of a good site that sells ram that will work in the new ibooks, for good prices and that ship to canada.

and will this ram work in a new ibook?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=15022&vpn=VS512SDS333&manufacture=CORSAIR

The new iBooks do indeed use PC2700 SODIMMs, but the SPD settings on the module must be correct for Macintoshes. Corsair does not recommend or guarantee compatibility of their Value Select series for Mac. The correct Corsair part would be their System Selet CMSS512MB-333SOD

In terms of who sells guaranteed Mac-Compatible RAM in Canada... gee, let me think... If you PM me I might have thought of the site by then. ;)

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Edit-- Heh - faster than a speeding ~shard~ -- this time at least :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Just do a search here on MacRumors for "RAM Recommendations" or something similar and you will be bombarded with threads which have already discussed this in detail a million times over.

For shipping to Canada, 1-800-4MEMORY has worked for me in the past, however in the future I will probably go through CanadaRAM. If you're lucky, CanadaRAM might just respond to this thread personally!

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
You could use Crucial, if they ship to Canada, or you could take CanadaRAM's suggestion... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.