PDA

View Full Version : Apple accidentally sends me a lot of Mountain Lion free codes!!!!

Retina MacBook
Jul 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
Am I lucky or what?

I registered my MacBook a billion times (since I didn't receive any e-mail in the past 2 days) and I got a ton of e-mails from Apple! And they have different codes! I HAVE BILLIONS OF COPIES OF MOUNTAIN LION!!! FOR FREE!!!

Anyone else has this thing going on?

pHeNom
Jul 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
Am I lucky or what?

I registered my MacBook a billion times (since I didn't receive any e-mail in the past 2 days) and I got a ton of e-mails from Apple! And they have different codes! I HAVE BILLIONS OF COPIES OF MOUNTAIN LION!!! FOR FREE!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Surfin10
Jul 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Am I lucky or what?

no.., but could you sent me one??? :D
lol

GoCubsGo
Jul 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Billions? come on.

uktivo
Jul 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
Well I'm still waiting. I registered within 10mins of the UK site going live. Well done on getting your code or in this case codes.

ConCat
Jul 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
Billions? come on.

I would have expected it to be in the gazillion range. ;)

RKO
Jul 27, 2012, 09:48 AM
Am I lucky or what?

Lucky hey? Have fun entering and downloading your BILLIONS of ML codes.

hafr
Jul 27, 2012, 09:57 AM
Am I lucky or what?

Since all of them are connected to your personal Apple ID, and you only need one copy, I would forget about the extra codes. They might find out and charge you for any extra downloaded copy of ML a part from the first one.

Retina MacBook
Jul 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
Since all of them are connected to your personal Apple ID, and you only need one copy, I would forget about the extra codes. They might find out and charge you for any extra downloaded copy of ML a part from the first one.

They can't - I don't have my credit card registered on my Account.

tbl
Jul 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
I registered 3 times and got two codes... haven't tried using the second one in case it invalidates ML from the first code (which I still haven't installed).

Retina MacBook
Jul 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
Lucky hey? Have fun entering and downloading your BILLIONS of ML codes.

I did. Some work, I haven't tried all of them yet.

----------

I registered 3 times and got two codes... haven't tried using the second one in case it invalidates ML from the first code (which I still haven't installed).

I knew I wasn't the only one.

GoCubsGo
Jul 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
They can't - I don't have my credit card registered on my Account.

If they want to charge you they will. They will or can bill you ... best to ignore the codes.

If you do give them out please keep us posted. I'd love to see what happens to you.

Shrink
Jul 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Ahhh...

Retina MacBook
Jul 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
If they want to charge you they will. They will or can bill you ... best to ignore the codes.

If you do give them out please keep us posted. I'd love to see what happens to you.

I'll never give them out or use them. I just wanted you to know that I received a lot of codes.

As much as possible, I try to be legal in every software I download. Although I have used two, I just deserved one. Nothing fancy happening.

cocky jeremy
Jul 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
Billions? come on.

At least he didn't add "literally" to it. ;)

mwhities
Jul 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
Screen shot of all the codes or it didn't happen!

Kidding.

afurry13
Jul 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
I've got two extra right now. Going to give them to friends.

ZacNicholson
Jul 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
i didn't know you could get banned for trolling...

InuNacho
Jul 27, 2012, 01:04 PM
I don't understand why he/she was banned, it was more than possible that he got a bunch of free codes and it seemed all he/she wanted to know was if other people had gotten multiple codes too.

kodeman53
Jul 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
I don't understand why he/she was banned, it was more than possible that he got a bunch of free codes and it seemed all he/she wanted to know was if other people had gotten multiple codes too.

Read the other threads they started and it should be obvious.