PDA

View Full Version : WOW camera angles

markjones05
Aug 1, 2005, 06:24 PM
I was messing with some settings and somehow changed the camera angle. Now the camera doesnt swivel back to right behind me when i start moving again. I dont know what i touched but ive spent a very long time trying to figure it out and i cant seem to find the option for it. I tried resetting everything back to default but nothing seems to work. This is so annoying and it makes me not want to play anymore. Please help me.

floyde
Aug 1, 2005, 07:01 PM
I was messing with some settings and somehow changed the camera angle. Now the camera doesnt swivel back to right behind me when i start moving again. I dont know what i touched but ive spent a very long time trying to figure it out and i cant seem to find the option for it. I tried resetting everything back to default but nothing seems to work. This is so annoying and it makes me not want to play anymore. Please help me.

Don't have a copy of WoW on this computer so its hard to remember, but I think the option you're looking for has the word "terrain" on it, and its either on the video or interface settings... Also remember the camera doesn't reset itself when you pitch using the right mouse button (or was it the left one? damn my memory sucks :confused: )

AoWolf
Aug 1, 2005, 07:23 PM

Ok calm down, don't panic. Log into your avatar and hit escape till you get the main menu. Then go into the interface options menu. Restore that to default and it should fix your problem. If not please post a screen shot of your video and interface settings.

markjones05
Aug 1, 2005, 08:24 PM
Deafaults dont work

Blackheart
Aug 1, 2005, 08:36 PM
Post the problem to a GM. They have been very helpful for me and during normal hours, have responded quickly.

markjones05
Aug 1, 2005, 08:45 PM
Post the problem to a GM. They have been very helpful for me and during normal hours, have responded quickly.

Im still learning this game and dont really know what this means. Could you explain more?

colocolo
Aug 1, 2005, 11:13 PM
I have had two annoying problems playing Warcraft.

The first is, whenever i play on a G5, I can't get underwater because the game crashes. This doesn't happen on my iBook.

The second is the same problem as yours. Sometimes, while in the middle of a fight i swivel the camera a lot, and in some cases it doesn't snap back when i keep moving. I don't change the settings so I know it's a bug. The solution to this: follow someone.

Blackheart
Aug 2, 2005, 01:21 AM
Im still learning this game and dont really know what this means. Could you explain more?

Yeah, on your "dock" (? I don't know, kinda reminds me of the dock), there is a little red question mark. Click on that and just follow the directions on how to post a question to a GM (Game Master).

If you need more help; feel free to post back. :)

sketchy
Aug 2, 2005, 08:13 AM
The camer controls are located in the insert, hime, pageup, etc area.

Insert turns on outo run. One of the six keys will rotate through the 4 or 5 camera angles.

scem0
Aug 2, 2005, 03:20 PM
I don't know how this could possibly help you, but if you press control as you spin your camera, the camera angle will stick (an not readjust itself upon movement). For some reason, your 'control-mode' is activated all the time.

I think the best solution will be to contact a GM, or post on the technical forums at http://WorldofWarcraft.com.

scem0

markjones05
Aug 8, 2005, 11:11 AM
The camer controls are located in the insert, hime, pageup, etc area.

Insert turns on outo run. One of the six keys will rotate through the 4 or 5 camera angles.

THANK YOU, that fixed it. I dont know why it got changed suddenly, maybe i pressed something accidentaly.