Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelus512

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Ok after living with this for 6 months I've had enough and clearly i'm a shade lazy to have not posted this before.

I ended up having 17,000 contacts of mine uploaded onto iCloud. Its not important how I got 17,000 contacts but needless to say they are useless to me and I want them ALL deleted.

I tried to delete them from iCloud.com but as they are under the All Contacts group its one that can't be removed. So I selected all contacts and hit delete but it overwhelms icloud.com and the site crashes and asks if I want to report to apple.

I've tried to do it on my Macbook Pro as well via the contacts app as well but it too crashes under the strain of trying to delete 17,000 contacts.

As such I've had to close of all devices from my iCloud account because i DONT WANT 17,000 contacts uploaded to my devices. Oh yes it uploads just fine but crashes when I try to delete these damn contacts.

Seriously? Any help?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Ok after living with this for 6 months I've had enough and clearly i'm a shade lazy to have not posted this before.

I ended up having 17,000 contacts of mine uploaded onto iCloud. Its not important how I got 17,000 contacts but needless to say they are useless to me and I want them ALL deleted.

I tried to delete them from iCloud.com but as they are under the All Contacts group its one that can't be removed. So I selected all contacts and hit delete but it overwhelms icloud.com and the site crashes and asks if I want to report to apple.

I've tried to do it on my Macbook Pro as well via the contacts app as well but it too crashes under the strain of trying to delete 17,000 contacts.

As such I've had to close of all devices from my iCloud account because i DONT WANT 17,000 contacts uploaded to my devices. Oh yes it uploads just fine but crashes when I try to delete these damn contacts.

Seriously? Any help?

Just try selecting 100 or so at a time.

angelus512

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I'm aware I coud do that. But I have 17,000 contacts.....thats quite a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.