PDA

View Full Version : Got my iPhoto prints

arn
Jan 14, 2002, 10:39 PM
Hey..

I ordered a few 4x6, 5x7 and one 16x20" print via Apple's iPhoto software... got them today. They came out _very_ nice. The originals were on my old digital camera - so rez was only 1280x960. I doubt anyone could tell the prints did not come from a "regular" camera and printed traditionally.

arn

Kid Red
Jan 14, 2002, 11:14 PM
That's good to hear. My wife and I are waiting to hear from someone who has done the book. That's what my wife wants to make, is the book.

She read somewhere that someone did it and the prints were 15% dark. To me that could be due to a lack of screen calibration as being a graphics guy I wouldn't use iPhoto. But since that person did, maybe their screen was set too bright making the pictures look brighter then they were which was why the prints were dark.

Either way, she's waiting for more people to chime in with their book experience.

eyelikeart
Jan 15, 2002, 09:57 AM
whenever I get around to playing with iPhoto more, I'm going to make an album for my me & my girlfriend....

it's good to know someone is pleased with the product thus far :D

britboy
Jan 15, 2002, 10:32 AM
It's just a shame you need a US posting address to order prints from iPhoto. Any americans willing to accept a cheque for postage to the UK?

AmbitiousLemon
Jan 15, 2002, 10:54 AM
some info from someone who just got their album

http://www.go2mac.com/story.lasso?newsID=8884