PDA

View Full Version : Multisource/Playlist Timer?

super_kev
Jul 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have music playing in my office and would like to know if there is a way I can switch between iTunes playlists at different times? Say internet radio playlist on iTunes from 7-9, then local music in another playlist from 9-10, and so forth. It would also be nice to able to send different playlists to different AirPlay/Airport sources. Is there an app/iTunes helper app for the Mac that can do this?

ChrisA
Jul 30, 2012, 12:55 AM
I have music playing in my office and would like to know if there is a way I can switch between iTunes playlists at different times? Say internet radio playlist on iTunes from 7-9, then local music in another playlist from 9-10, and so forth. It would also be nice to able to send different playlists to different AirPlay/Airport sources. Is there an app/iTunes helper app for the Mac that can do this?

Yes. you can use Apple's "Automator" program with iTunes.

The send different music to different speakers you will need to log in multiple times as different users. they can all share one iTunes library.

You might need a shell script to kick it all off, the multille log-ins and maybe use "cron" to change things o=every few hours.

Between shell and automator you can get it to work