PDA

View Full Version : Dictation Question

Glockron
Jul 28, 2012, 06:12 AM
I'm watching a documentary as research for a long paper. I will have to quote some of the people in the documentary, but pausing and rewinding every four seconds to catch everything is time consuming and frustrating.

Is there a way to make the audio from the video jump right in to Dictation? I know on Windows PCs you can use the sound card output as an audio source, and this is essentially what I need. Is there a way to do this here? Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm only talking like 15-20 second bursts at a time, so it would be well within the capabilities of dictation, especially since there is no music and whatnot playing behind the voice in the video.

Whatabloke
Jul 28, 2012, 06:31 AM
I just played a movie (Pulp Fiction scene with Samuel L Jackson preaching, i thought it was fitting...lol) All I did was make sure that the built in mic in my MBP had semi direct line of audio and simple used the FN shortcut in notes. It came through with a 94% success rate.. Might be an option..

rvdparis
Sep 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
Could someone elaborate on that suggestion?

I'd like to "transcribe" some audio, spoken text, using this Dictation feature, but I am not sure how to set it up.

Can I use the internal mic on my MBP and just play the audio in VLC or Quicktime?

Or must I play the audio from another source and plug it in manually to my MBP for the Dictation feature to transcribe my audio?

Thanks for any help...R