Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deedlee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
So the contacts of the cable (dock connection side) were wet and i didn't know that. First, i plugged in my ipod touch 4g like always, it was ok. And after few hours using it, i plugged it in to charge again, and then in started to charge and stop rapidly, with the "charging is not supported with this accessory" message. I unplugged the cable. and looked at the cable's dock connection's contacts. There were places, where it looks like the cable is burned. So now i don't have a spare cable, to try it on and I'm really scared, because it could damage my ipod's internal parts. My ipod is still working fine, so i dont know if it's really damaged. Could have the contacts of the ipod burned? Thanks.

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
If the charging dock on a iPod Touch 4th Generation is faulty/burned your best bet would be head to the Apple store and see if they will either swap for a new one(under warrantly and you get a nice genius) or, give you a refurb swap for like 99-300(not sure really).

The charging dock/USB port is part of the entire logic board and cannot be replaced, unfortunately.

deedlee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Im getting it back tomorrow. It's actually not under warranty, so I just gave it to local tech geek and he said that it is repairable. Just a new connector, some resoldering and voila! Thanks for the answer though!

by the way, i'm European, so apple authorized services there are not like american. It's hard to hear clear answers from them about repairing something. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.