Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I can't seem to get Speech Commands to work more than once after powering up my late 2011 MBP 13. It was the same on Lion and I hoped it would improve with Mtn. Lion, but it's still the same.

I have enabled assistive devices in settings, trained the mic, and have the circle on the screen. I have it set to press the "esc" key, hold it while speaking. The mic is working - it registers on the grid at the bottom of the circle icon. I'm using the Samantha voice.

It works perfectly the first time I use it after turning on my MBP, but that's it. Thereafter, it indicates the sound is registering, but the arrows that point into the mic icon in the circle don't activate after the first command is completed.

What am I missing with this? It's such a cool feature!

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I can't seem to get Speech Commands to work more than once after powering up my late 2011 MBP 13. It was the same on Lion and I hoped it would improve with Mtn. Lion, but it's still the same.

I have enabled assistive devices in settings, trained the mic, and have the circle on the screen. I have it set to press the "esc" key, hold it while speaking. The mic is working - it registers on the grid at the bottom of the circle icon. I'm using the Samantha voice.

It works perfectly the first time I use it after turning on my MBP, but that's it. Thereafter, it indicates the sound is registering, but the arrows that point into the mic icon in the circle don't activate after the first command is completed.

What am I missing with this? It's such a cool feature!

Go to an Apple store and talk to a genius.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.