PDA

View Full Version : iPod charge cycles

katie ta achoo
Aug 2, 2005, 03:50 AM
I know that on my PowerBook if I go to terminal and type the whole "ioreg" deal, I get info on my PowerBook's battery, including # of charge cycles, bla bla yada yada yada.

Is there something similar on the iPod?

My 3G iPod is a little more than a year old-- time to start freaking about the battery, ya know?

Applespider
Aug 2, 2005, 04:17 AM
Not sure about the iPod but you don't have to do the ioreg thing in Terminal any more for your Powerbook.

In Tiger, that information is in the System Profiler. Much easier to remember ;)

katie ta achoo
Aug 2, 2005, 04:39 AM
Not sure about the iPod but you don't have to do the ioreg thing in Terminal any more for your Powerbook.

In Tiger, that information is in the System Profiler. Much easier to remember ;)

haha, I know, but actually USING terminal makes me feel all ...unixxy? (that's totally a word now)
Hey, I'm learning!

:p

MacHarne
Aug 2, 2005, 06:25 AM
My 3G iPod is a little more than a year old-- time to start freaking about the battery, ya know?
Don't jynx me! My 3G is going strong. I regularly get 8 hours of battery life, having turned EQ and backlight off entirely. But I would like a new iPod at some point... admittedly.

katie ta achoo
Aug 2, 2005, 06:33 AM
Don't jynx me! My 3G is going strong. I regularly get 8 hours of battery life, having turned EQ and backlight off entirely. But I would like a new iPod at some point... admittedly.

Great googly moogly! EIGHT?!
I didn't even get that when it was new! I've only ever gotten.. 7 MAX.
WOW.

Yeah, I NEVER use EQ or backlight. I'm a battery freak.

iDM
Aug 2, 2005, 10:11 AM
I replaced the battery in my 3rd Gen and treated it beautifully and still never got more then 6 or 7 hours.

gwuMACaddict
Aug 2, 2005, 10:12 AM
my 3rd gen get an hour and a half on a good day... it's ridiculously bad...