Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
so i know safari 5 had extensions that forced flash videos into html5 or quicktime, however these dont seem to be working on safari 6, or am i using the wrong one?

i dont want to use chrome anymore, im trying to stick to safari only, but a lot of the sites i visit (wshh,rrt) contain flash non-stop so a lot of playback cant be seen. any recommendations?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
but a lot of the sites i visit (wshh,rrt) contain flash non-stop so a lot of playback cant be seen. any recommendations?

What are you even asking? If you want to avoid flash entirely, stop visiting these sites. If you want to block Flash then you'll have to wait for compatible Safari plug-ins to come out.

mark28

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2010
What are you even asking? If you want to avoid flash entirely, stop visiting these sites. If you want to block Flash then you'll have to wait for compatible Safari plug-ins to come out.

It works with Safari 6 on Lion. So it's a Mountain Lion problem then.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
but a lot of the sites i visit (wshh,rrt) contain flash non-stop so a lot of playback cant be seen. any recommendations?

There are no plugins that can force a website's Flash video content to be played through an HTML5 player, unless the website itself has provided an HTML5 alternative. Extensions like ClickToFlash simply automate the process of using those existing alternatives.

I don't know WSHH and RRT, but if their content is Flash-only and you want to continue watching that content, you're going to need Flash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.