PDA

View Full Version : Safari 6.0 still disappointing?

quietstormSD
Jul 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
I'm a serial switcher between Safari and Chrome over the past 2-3 years (maybe even through in Firefox there). Right now I've been using Chrome over the last few months. I tried Safari 6.0, but still not feeling it, enough to switch back. I do like the Twitter integration and Apple FINALLY has integrated the search functionality into the url field. I do like the tab syncing, but will have to wait until iOS 6 comes out. Not sure how much I would use it though. I still feel though that Chrome is just faster and has more functionality.

Am I missing something here? It just seems that a lot of people love Safari on here, I just can't understand it. I'll probably switch back to Safari when iOS 6 comes out to see how well it integrates with my iPhone.

----------

OK, just found out about Tab View. Now that's pretty slick lol

fins831
Jul 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
I just came on here to discuss the new Safari vs. Firefox vs. Chrome.

I find the new safari to be quicker and faster than before, and with adblock its very sleek with no bs ads anywhere. Yes I can use that on any browser, but going from SL -> ML I was happy to see this. I love the twitter integration, it just makes posting to social media so easy.

I don't know exact speeds, but it seems faster than before, no question. Is it faster than Chrome, idk, prob not, but I would rather use firefox over chrome just because I try to avoid google like the plague.

Is it the best browser, I don't know, but I will use it now that it seems 'snappier' and the extensions work and function properly...I love the twitter integration and it just feels smoother than before.

oh and the new tab view is sweet

FYI...been using mountain Lion for about 1 day now, and been switching between firefox and safari, and I find safari better so far. Will try Chrome later on tonight or tomorrow, but with the twitter thing, it just makes things so much easier since I am always on it, and always linking articles I find since I write for a website.