PDA

View Full Version : Installing ML on two separate Macs

golfer4lyfe
Jul 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
I've purchased ML and would like to install it on a different Mac of mine. I've made a bootable flash drive, but I was wondering about if this would work. The thing is I use a different icloud and app store account on this computer from the original (other members in my house use this computer). Just wondering if this would cause any problems? As I understand, updates are through the App store now.

Thanks!

tomjhansen
Jul 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
It will work fine.

golfer4lyfe
Jul 29, 2012, 01:37 AM
It will work fine.

Thanks, thought I might run into some issues doing updates through the App Store and all...

jnl1211
Jul 29, 2012, 02:56 AM
As long as your app store ID is the same one the comps it's no issue.

hafr
Jul 29, 2012, 05:04 AM
I've purchased ML and would like to install it on a different Mac of mine. I've made a bootable flash drive, but I was wondering about if this would work. The thing is I use a different icloud and app store account on this computer from the original (other members in my house use this computer). Just wondering if this would cause any problems? As I understand, updates are through the App store now.

Thanks!

Well, since it's your computer (or you have control over it at least) there will be no problems for you to just change the app store login for when there are ML updates and then change back afterwards. So go for it :)

bushido
Jul 29, 2012, 05:36 AM
there will be no problems for you to just change the app store login for when there are ML updates and then change back afterwards.

you arent even required to login to install updates, its like apple is inviting you to pirate or "share" one purchase with friends

hafr
Jul 29, 2012, 05:41 AM
you arent even required to login to install updates, its like apple is inviting you to pirate or "share" one purchase with friends

Really? Wow, that's kind of cool actually.

I've got two separate Apple ID's, and when logging in to one, I can't see the purchases made with the other, so I assumed that updates would work the same way...

golfer4lyfe
Jul 29, 2012, 05:17 PM

So all updates can be made without logging in?

CyBeRino
Jul 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Updates are handled the exact same way as before, it's just that the user interface for it has moved to the mac app store.

golfer4lyfe
Jul 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
Updates are handled the exact same way as before, it's just that the user interface for it has moved to the mac app store.

perfect, thanks!