Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilsonc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
let s see the pros and cons if i choos mba 13...

pros
1 better battery life
2 better screen

cons
1 sacrifice the portability compared to the 11' one
2 extra 200$ is not a small deal to me...

i use it for all my academic work so i need to use it in different places everyday...in lib, lab, lecture, bed, etc...

also i hv another 15' vaio for gaming and storage...and it s a 6-pound machine so it s just like a desktop to me...

though md223 is more portable, 2 hours battery life differential can really make things different...

above all, both 11 and 13 are great products...i just wanna make my money worth so seek for any suggestion...

thanks for any reply...

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
let s see the pros and cons if i choos mba 13...

pros
1 better battery life
2 better screen

cons
1 sacrifice the portability compared to the 11' one
2 extra 200$ is not a small deal to me...

i use it for all my academic work so i need to use it in different places everyday...in lib, lab, lecture, bed, etc....

You are the only person who can rank your priorities. For me, it was battery life.

If by 'better screen', you mean 'bigger', that's true. If you mean visually better, that's not true.

wilsonc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
You are the only person who can rank your priorities. For me, it was battery life.

If by 'better screen', you mean 'bigger', that's true. If you mean visually better, that's not true.

yay i know wut u mean. the 11 has a higher ppi so 13' screen may not be so tempting. im just not sure whether the differential of battery life is worth 200$. u know 200$ means half of an ipad 2...

thanks 4 ur reply.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
yay i know wut u mean. the 11 has a higher ppi so 13' screen may not be so tempting. im just not sure whether the differential of battery life is worth 200$. u know 200$ means half of an ipad 2...

thanks 4 ur reply.

Since I went with the 256gb SSD, the price difference was only $50.

wilsonc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Since I went with the 256gb SSD, the price difference was only $50.

Well i have a 15' vaio for gaming and storage, so 64g is acceptable...i used ipad2 before...but i found it really an entertaining tool...though it s a fairly good reader(output), i prefer a portable creative operator for my works...mba fits me and my choice is either md223 or 231...

----------

If you have relatively easy access to an outlet thenthe 11" might

Thx 4 ur reply

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.