Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robjulo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
On several occasions, with both my 4s and IPAD2 (which are both set for wireless sync to my Macbook Pro), if the sync is interrupted, for example, I plug my phone in and then have to leave a few minutes later and take my phone, only some of the songs get synced. That is not unexpected.

However, the only way to eventually get the other songs to sync back up is to hook the device up to the MBP, change the sync settings (ie tell it to sync only one specific artist or song rather than all my music), let it do that, then change it back to the entire library.

What is stranger, when I plug in the device to the MBP, it shows all songs are set to sync, the sync process works, but the songs never make it to the device untilI do the trick above.

Any advice?

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
disable wifi snyc and then snyc via usb like normal

if not do a restore and see what happens,

you should get better charging habbits, because wifi snyc is for night time use, plug it in at night and thats when it should snyc

not
PLug in for 5mins then unplug

robjulo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
disable wifi snyc and then snyc via usb like normal

if not do a restore and see what happens,

you should get better charging habbits, because wifi snyc is for night time use, plug it in at night and thats when it should snyc

not
PLug in for 5mins then unplug

I did sync via USB, that is what I was describing. I am typically set up to sync via wifi. I'm assuming it is the sync that is getting interrupted causing an incomplete sync. I then, seeing that I have missing music, plug it into the MBP to get it to sync. The sync refuses to complete, unless I change what I want to sync, ie, change from complete library to one song. It then syncs that one song. I can then change it back.

Regarding my charging habits, my phone is typically low when I get home from work, so it gets plugged in. If I have to leave later, or use the phone it gets unplugged. With my use, it will not take last an entire day of work and evening both. I shouldn't have to change my charging habits to work around a syncing issue. The sync should simply realize it got interrupted and pick up where it left off or do a total re-sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.