PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcut to dismiss notification?

yalag
Jul 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
Keyboard shortcut to dismiss notification? Is there one? It's so annoying, I keep having to click it to go away!

nyolc8
Jul 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Set it to banner instead of alert in system preferences.

Habakuk
Jul 29, 2012, 01:46 PM
Option click the icon. Then the floating messages and banners are gone until the next day.

nyolc8
Jul 29, 2012, 02:42 PM
Option click the icon. Then the floating messages and banners are gone until the next day.

Just to be more specific: option + click on the notification center icon on the menubar

Monsoonmalabard
Jul 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
If I understand, the OP doesn't want to disable notifications with a keyboard shortcut but to dismiss the notification popups themselves via the keyboard.

g-boac
Jul 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
+1

this would be a great feature to have!! either a traditional keyboard shortcut, or a double-tap of a key infrequently used alone, similar to what activates Dictation (e.g., double-tap the command-key perhaps?)

cheers,
Mark

MacTheKnyfe
Dec 1, 2012, 04:59 PM
If I understand, the OP doesn't want to disable notifications with a keyboard shortcut but to dismiss the notification popups themselves via the keyboard.

Yes, why is it not possible to dismiss individual notifications on the fly with a simple keyboard shortcut? It's so annoying to have to put up with the popups, even for only a few seconds when I need to click on a tab there. I know I can drag right, but it would be so much faster and more convenient if I could just do it by keyboard.

And, no, I don't want to turn notifications off altogether. Every now and then there is a notification that I want to respond to and then it's great (incidentally, it'd be nice to have a simple keyboard command for that, too, but it's not as important as having one to dismiss), but the vast majority I look at real quickly and decide to ignore for now.