Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
California
I seem to have painted myself into a corner.

I use the same Apple iD for iTunes purchases and iCloud. It is not an @me.com address. I've discovered that if I want notes to sync, then my iCloud Apple ID must be an @me.com address. I know I can have a different Apple ID for iTunes purchases and for iCloud. If I switch my iCloud Apple ID to an @me.com address, then all my iCloud-based content (reminders, documents, etc.) on my Mac currently will get removed from my Mac. It will still be in iCloud (I guess) but associated with my current non-@me.com address.

So how am I supposed to move to a different iCloud Apple ID (one using @me.com) and move all my content there?:confused:

[By the way, I already have, but don't use, an @me.com address. In system preferences, I added it as a second iCloud account, which it let me do, but it's stuck as "inactive" and it won't let me sync just my notes to it.]

Last edited:

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
My notes, and everything else icloud, sync just fine with my apple id, which is a "@live" adress.

I think your problem must be something else...

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
California
My notes, and everything else icloud, sync just fine with my apple id, which is a "@live" adress.

I think your problem must be something else...

Because my apple id is an alias of an actual email address, based on your note I began to wonder if that's the problem. So I changed my apple id to be the actual email address. Still didn't work.

But then I noticed that one of my gmail accounts had a notes sync option. I turned that on, and now my notes do sync, via my gmail account, not iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.