Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
When looking at iCloud prefs you can see that Notes has its own checkbox but Reminders is paired with the Calendar checkbox. My wife and I share my Calendar via my iCloud ID, but we would love to have separate Reminders iCloud sync, one to a 24 inch iMac in the kitchen and the other to a 27 inch iMac in the office but this can't be done without losing the common Calendar. Really silly and iCloud still isn't flexible enough for an active family that wants to share some data among devices but not all.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
My wife and I share my Calendar via my iCloud ID, but we would love to have separate Reminders iCloud sync, one to a 24 inch iMac in the kitchen and the other to a 27 inch iMac in the office but this can't be done without losing the common Calendar. Really silly and iCloud still isn't flexible enough for an active family that wants to share some data among devices but not all.

Steve Jobs said:
You're doing it wrong.
iCloud/iTunes accounts are meant to be user specific and not shared between people. Yes you can use it as it was not intended but then you run into situations such as yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.