PDA

View Full Version : Did they remove the ability to hold down Shift to select a series of files?

lionheartednyhc
Jul 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
Shift no long lets me click two files and highlight the ones in between them. Is it just me or did they remove that ability in ML? What the heck.

Matthew Yohe
Jul 29, 2012, 08:17 PM
Shift no long lets me click two files and highlight the ones in between them. Is it just me or did they remove that ability in ML? What the heck.

Works fine here...

ivnj
Jul 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
Works fine here...

Me too...

Mal
Jul 29, 2012, 08:44 PM
Doesn't work in icon view (and never did), only in list or column view.

jW

kmj2318
Jul 29, 2012, 09:05 PM
It seems that this has been changed. He's talking about when in icon view, you can no longer select the beginning icon, then hold shift and select the ending icon, and have all the icons selected. Now when holding shift it only selects the icons clicked on, as if holding down command. Very odd, it works as it should when looking at files in a list though.

:confused:

----------

Now I'm wondering if it ever even did do it that way before. :confused:

Mr. Retrofire
Jul 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
It seems that this has been changed. He's talking about when in icon view, you can no longer select the beginning icon, then hold shift and select the ending icon, and have all the icons selected. Now when holding shift it only selects the icons clicked on, as if holding down command. Very odd, it works as it should when looking at files in a list though.
If you want to select all files, use Command + A instead!

Mad4WDW
Jul 29, 2012, 09:29 PM

:confused:

----------

Now I'm wondering if it ever even did do it that way before. :confused:

Hi

Like Mal said it didn't select all files in icon view in Lion either so nothing has changed :)

Skibum173
Aug 14, 2012, 07:55 PM
One thing I have found, is that I would select and entire row of files in icon view and then I could arrow down or up while holding shift and it would select the entire row above or below. i have lost that ability in ML. Most of the time, I don't want to select all and I "HATE" list view.