PDA

View Full Version : Scrollbars

SDAVE
Jul 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Is it possible to have the scrollbars fade in when the mouse pointer gets near it?

At this moment, the only way to make them appear is to scroll the page with a scrollwheel or resize the window.

Apple made the scrollbars a bit bigger when you start scrolling, but they still haven't made it better for mouse users.

Reason077
Jul 30, 2012, 10:00 AM
Is it possible to have the scrollbars fade in when the mouse pointer gets near it?

At this moment, the only way to make them appear is to scroll the page with a scrollwheel or resize the window.

Apple made the scrollbars a bit bigger when you start scrolling, but they still haven't made it better for mouse users.

Huh? It depends what kind of mouse you have. With a traditional, non-multitouch mouse the scrollbars are always visible.

You can also get this behaviour for a multitouch mouse or trackpad by changing the scroll bar settings in Preferences -> General.

SDAVE
Jul 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have a regular Logitech mouse and sometimes use a BT Microsoft mouse.

If I select "Show scrollbars when scrolling" it only, as by the name, shows it while scrolling.

I was trying to see if there is a hack to leave this option as it is but when you hover close to the scrollbar area with a MOUSE pointer, it becomes visible.

I think Apple should have added this as a third option because it's nice not having the scrollbars, but you have to scroll first to get the scrollbars.

Always showing the scroll bars is not the best option.