Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Oh wow. Ripping off windows solitaire.

Lol! You're not serious right? The games are nothing alike apart from the rules (which are the same for all solitaire games). We call it "Windoze Solitaire" because we give the same games away for free (Klondike, Freecell and Spider).

Renzatic

Suspended
It's kinda hard to rip off solitaire there, man.

Anyway, I took it to the pro of all things Solitaire (specially Windows solitaire), my mom, and she liked it. Found it easy to get into, fun to look at, and liked the loads and loads of games to choose from.

The only complaint she had was the lack of a button to hit to complete the game when you have all your cards lined up ready to go in regular solitaire. You have to send them all up manually. Beyond that one little detail, she thought it was great.

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Hey Renzatic I'm really happy to hear your mum likes the game :)

For the end of Klondike you can turn on a setting called "Foundation Tap Build" which means you can tap a card at the end to send it to the foundation. So while it's not an auto-complete it does make it easier to finish a game.

We may include an auto-complete feature in a future update.

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Here are the latest reviews on the US App Store.

Absolutely entrancing and CLEVER game *****
by Linda UK - Windoze Solitaire - Version 1.0 - 01/08/2012
All my family, and particularly me, love solitaire and have played quite a lot of versions. This is one of the best with so many extras it is hard to know where to start. It's very responsive and I like the background music too ( can be muted ) as it shuts out all but my thoughts. I have played the basic free version but have just bought a game set. All I can say is TRY IT !!!!!!!

Superb! *****
by Banana Fractions - Windoze Solitaire - Version 1.0 - 30/07/2012
I've had the Eric Snider's Solitaire for quite some time and I've been very happy with it, coz I mainly play Solitaire and nothing more.
I gave this one a shot. VERY WELL DONE guys. It's a very polished game and has tons if not all variations of card games that I've heard of. Very impressive! Definitely worth it!

Yay! Yay! Yay! *****
by Tansey214 - Windoze Solitaire - Version 1.0 - 28/07/2012
Omg, I've been wanting a solitaire pack game on my iPhone for so long but every one I've come across is always missing crucial games, but not this one! This one has them all! (Though I do wish Aces Up was included, but hopefully that's added in an update soon). Four Seasons and MONTANA! Omg MONTANA!

The design and customization options are beautiful! This is the most perfect card game app ever! And best of all it has Game Center achievements!

To the developer: I love you so freaking much! Thank you for making this app! I went ahead and bought the $6.99 All Game Packs IAP and I can't wait to see what the developer will add in the future. I'm so happy right now!

Dig it! *****
by Carpooltunnel - Windoze Solitaire - Version 1.0 - 27/07/2012
Great game. Slick graphics, landscape or portrait flawless adjustments during gameplay. Perfect card game time vampire.

Great *****
by Foxie Lee - Windoze Solitaire - Version 1.0 - 26/07/2012
This is a GREAT card game and I bought all the packs available. Cards are BIG if you need them and so many options. A must have if you like card games. WOW!! THANKS to the developer.

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
New in Version 1.1.1:
♠ Full iPhone 5 and iPad Mini support
♠ 10 new games added (Aces Up, Crazy Golf, Fred's Spider, Kings Corners, Monte Carlo, Napoleon in St. Helena, Number 10, Patient Doubles, Spanish Castles, Triple Pyramid)
♠ New game modes for existing games
♠ Autocomplete feature for Klondike
♠ Timed hints for many games
♠ Improved offline high scores
♠ New awards
♠ Game Pack 9 (free to purchasers of 'All Games Pack')
♠ iCloud syncing for saved games
♠ Fix for Monte Carlo end game
♠ Fix for game save
♠ Fix for music stopping when launching

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
What's New in Version 1.2
♠ Removal of Open Feint
♠ Local leaderboard & achievement retention
♠ Longer timed hint delay
♠ Minor tweaks

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Another great Windoze Solitaire update.

What's New in Version 1.3
♠ Game Pack 10 (As You Like It, Baroness, British Square, Captive Queens, Friday the 13th, Grandfather's Clock, Great Wheel, St. Helena, Sultan and Toad in the Hole)
♠ Stalemate checking added to all games
♠ Timed hints added to more games
♠ Automatic tableau building
♠ Fix for foundation error in Chessboard
♠ Fix for undo in Flower Garden
♠ Fix for loading of saved games in Monte Carlo
♠ Improved user interface
♠ Easier purchases of additional game packs
♠ Added effects to game completion
♠ Increased save positions
♠ More achievements
♠ 4 new deck designs (Dogs & More Dogs, Horror Classics, Screen Legends, and Vintage Gaming)
♠ Option to use the default iOS UI skin

It's free on Appstore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/windoze-solitaire/id510940687?mt=8

Attachments

• 19008_434977466593667_680531589_n.jpg
    19008_434977466593667_680531589_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 107

headkaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012

New in Version 1.5:
♠ Fix for Poker layout
♠ Minesweeper added to the FREE game selection
♠ 20 new games added
♠ New game categories - Puzzle & Arcade
♠ More tutorials
♠ Facebook integration
♠ Graphical improvements
♠ More leaderboards and awards

New in Version 1.4:
♠ Full support for iOS7
♠ More leaderboards (iOS 7 Only)
♠ Spoken Tutorials using Speech Synthesis (iOS 7 Only)
♠ Fix for Montana shuffles
♠ New tutorials added
♠ Leaderboard in game list increased to 25
♠ Improved camera snapshot
♠ Fixes and gameplay refinements

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.