Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac.fanatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
It's been six days since Mountain Lion released. I know that for the people who applied for the upgrade on July 25th, it took up to three days for them to get a working valid code.

Well it has been six days since Mountain Lion released and I am sure the servers are getting less traffic now that it's been almost a week. How long did it take you to get your Mountain Lion code after applying?

Please don't link me to other threads with a similar question. That thread was posted when Mountain Lion was released and the Up-To-Date program was having issues. I'm wanting to know how long it is taking now and if it is still sending out invalid/used codes. I am thinking about getting a MacBook by the end of this week and the first thing I want to do is apply for a Mountain Lion upgrade code at the Personal Setup station in the Apple Store. I want to know how long it is taking other people to get the emails from Apple with the code and password so that way I can get an idea if I will be able to do the upgrade at the Apple Store the same day I buy it or if I am going to have to wait a few days.

Last edited:

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
I completed the online application yesterday and my code was emailed within a minute. It took me more time to open the Mail app than it did for Apple to send the code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.