Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
with lion, i had no issues watching youtube videos on chrome or safari, but it seems like the update messed everything up.

i tried smc reset, but that didn't fix it. is there a problem with the current flash player?

i know flash sucks for mac, but it was never this bad before. now i can't watch a youtube video without my mac getting extremely hot and fans spinning at 4000rpm

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
with lion, i had no issues watching youtube videos on chrome or safari, but it seems like the update messed everything up.

i tried smc reset, but that didn't fix it. is there a problem with the current flash player?

i know flash sucks for mac, but it was never this bad before. now i can't watch a youtube video without my mac getting extremely hot and fans spinning at 4000rpm

I noticed the same thing. Granted I was watching 1080p NBCOlympics stream. Also, I did notice the temps were pretty good so maybe the fans were indeed doing their job?

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011

Use stat pro, and the fix listed here.
Use that to monitor your temps. Your CPU will shutdown at 100C. If below that it is fine and the fas are doing what they are meant to.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Use stat pro, and the fix listed here.
Use that to monitor your temps. Your CPU will shutdown at 100C. If below that it is fine and the fas are doing what they are meant to.

yes thank you, i know they're doing what they're supposed to do.

what i'm saying is why does there seem to be heavier usage under mountain lion?

my usage hasn't changed, but my computer is hotter than before.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
yes thank you, i know they're doing what they're supposed to do.

what i'm saying is why does there seem to be heavier usage under mountain lion?

my usage hasn't changed, but my computer is hotter than before.

Try minimizing flash on youtube usage.
Check link my sig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.