PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Instant Video -> Playback not allowed

AceCoolie
Aug 1, 2012, 09:45 AM
I get "Playback not allowed on this device" for every video in the Amazon Instant Video app on my iPad 3. Is this because it's jailbroken? I've read other people are getting the same error. Is it working for anyone here?

techiegirl
Aug 1, 2012, 09:46 AM
It's working for me (AT&T iPad 3) but it will only work on wifi.

Zimmy68
Aug 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
I get "Playback not allowed on this device" for every video in the Amazon Instant Video app on my iPad 3. Is this because it's jailbroken? I've read other people are getting the same error. Is it working for anyone here?

Ding Ding Ding

Checks if device is jailbroken.

AceCoolie
Aug 1, 2012, 10:35 AM
Ding Ding Ding

Checks if device is jailbroken.

Thanks everyone. Stuff like this is frustrating. I'm ticked at Amazon for blocking jailbroken devices and I'm ticked at Apple for having their head up their butt when it comes to not allowing simple tweaks to their device, therefore requiring me to jailbreak. I think I'm jumping to Surface Pro this Dec.

boshii
Aug 1, 2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone. Stuff like this is frustrating. I'm ticked at Amazon for blocking jailbroken devices and I'm ticked at Apple for having their head up their butt when it comes to not allowing simple tweaks to their device, therefore requiring me to jailbreak. I think I'm jumping to Surface Pro this Dec.

We'll be here when you jump back. ;)

EDIT: Did a little research and you can install xCon from Cydia and it'll block jailbreak detection.

pat park
Aug 1, 2012, 11:34 AM
installed xCon and Amazon Playback works like a charm!

milbournosphere
Aug 1, 2012, 11:49 AM
+1 xCon fixes the problem.

pat park
Aug 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
pretty much all of the streaming apps won't work with JB. Fortunately the xCon tweak does work.

tonyz3
Aug 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
EDIT: Did a little research and you can install xCon from Cydia and it'll block jailbreak detection.

Nice - works...thx:D

pat park
Aug 2, 2012, 03:36 PM
this app is not great. seems to buffer a lot even with decent wifi speeds. The Hulu and Netflix apps seem to be much more robust.